S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

How do you change your signature?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you change your signature? (No longer looking, Now Owning)

.... 'cause I have something coming in the mail.

Yes, after a long journey (I have been stalking this car since it was first announced)and a zilion posts (mostly questions and smart-*** remarks) I've pulled the trigger.

Got a great deal on a CPO '12 Ibis/Titanium, 6MT, Sport Diff, Leather, S4. I really wanted full ADS, but it's hard enough finding a 6MT with leather, and the other deal I walked away from cost significantly more than what I paid for this vehicle. I would call this car my ideal #2.

Saving money over new helped me stay in my initial budget (set back in 2009), but what really kept me away from new is the electric steering and it's apparent moodiness. I don't doubt there will be a fix, but I was old-school stubborn against it, so why push it. CPO gives me great comfort. Finding a 2012 over previous years' models gets me the adaptive headlights I really wanted. The car also has Audi Car and a set of summers (I may sell).

Normally, I wouldn't consider a white car, but with the S4, the Ibis/Titanium looks sweet. I've also realized the family just doesn't get being **** over a car's paint, and the car in the garage has just as much chance of getting a ding or scratch as it does parked at the airport.

For the record, I had a great experience with Audi of Willoughby, (which reinforces what a bunch of putzes work at that other dealer.) Though the final test will be when I take possession and drive the car, I trusted the guys I worked with there. They made the remote-buying process VERY smooth. Still, it's okay to wish me luck.

The car was picked up yesterday and should be here by this weekend.

Yay me.

----
Alternate titles for this thread:
- It's about F*in time
- 40 yr old virgin, part 2
- What? This is just a cracker!
- Another guy got an S4
- White is the fastest color.
- What mods will my wife approve of?
- Look what I'm stuck with for the next 10 years
- Introducing...

PS My old (and current) car is a '99 A4 2.8... the update should be fun!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Tweakophyte; 04-27-2013 at 05:50 AM. Reason: title tweak...
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats! You'll enjoy the heck out of that change.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Your right when you say the white with the titanium looks awesome...congrats
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hey, that's my car! I have the same one and I love it. Went for an epic drive yesterday from Carbondale to Delta...one of the best drives in CO. The car was a champ although I scared the **** out of my passenger
Old 04-06-2013, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lawaspen
Hey, that's my car! I have the same one and I love it. Went for an epic drive yesterday from Carbondale to Delta...one of the best drives in CO. The car was a champ although I scared the **** out of my passenger
I haven't done that drive for years, and only with my wife. Even then it was fun. However, there are a ton of drivers that scare the crap out of ME.

...now you've got me thinking... maybe I we need to have a kid-free weekend at The Jerome and get some sushi.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

The good news is, I sold my A4. I listed it at 10pm last night and woke up to 4 emails. By 11am I had cash in hand and hit my target price.

The bad news is, I still don't know when the car is due to arrive.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ugh! It's now pushed to either tonight or tomorrow... and we are expecting a blizzard starting tonight.

The truck ended up going to Wyoming with a $2M car on it... feels like I got bumped because they told me it would be a straight shot after a pickup in Chicago.

...trying to find a ride to work...
Old 04-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ugh, that is annoying! But, let's focus on the positive....

YOU'VE GOT AN S4!! WOOHOO 4 U

Congrats man, that is awesome.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know how the waiting process goes.... I purchased (made the agreement and locked up the numbers) Monday last week and didnt pick up until Friday, I swear I was like a kid waiting for Christmas...LOL!!! It will be worth the wait I assure you.... CONGRATS!!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Delivery expected today between 2pm and 5pm. I asked the driver to make sure it times with the peak of our spring blizzard, as to further complicate things.

More excited than annoyed.

Quick Reply: How do you change your signature?