A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

urgent help please Dead battery cannot access trunk

Old 02-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default urgent help please Dead battery cannot access trunk

I have a 2005 audi A8L my battery is dead and the key is locked in the ignition. I have bags in my trunk so I cannot gain access through my ski holder. Also my trunk is not completely closed so I cannot use the spare key. If there is anyone out there please help thank you.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To eject the key from the ignition, it is some sort of combination of turning to the left and insert a paperclip into the small hole on the bezel of the keyholder.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

You could connect a battery or charger to the positive terminal on the alternator, and the negative to the frame of the alternator. I think there is also a positive junction block in that area as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bangerla
You could connect a battery or charger to the positive terminal on the alternator, and the negative to the frame of the alternator. I think there is also a positive junction block in that area as well.
Ok thanks, have you heard anything about a 9v battery 2 wires and placing in the fuse terminal?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by vocals01
Also my trunk is not completely closed so I cannot use the spare key.
Why can't you insert your spare key an mechanically unlock it?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, can you tell me where the alternator is located.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mishar
Why can't you insert your spare key an mechanically unlock it?
Dunno, I've read the Manuel and it should open. However I think the fact that its not closed and locked completely is why I cannot get open.

I got in contact with Audi road side assistance, they said it was a designer flaw. They did not place charging post under the hood. He said that several customers have ran into this issue. He recommended me take to the dealership and they will have wield under the trunk to get it open. 2k to do this. I'm hoping there's a easier way. Please help if you can sir.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I am trying. I checked on my car and it works. Just insert your key (real one not valet) into the keyhole next to the right registration plate light and turn it to the left. It is all mechanical and has nothing to do with the rest of the closing mechanism.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am trying. I checked on my car and it works. Just insert your key (real one not valet) into the keyhole next to the right registration plate light and turn it to the left. It is all mechanical and has nothing to do with the rest of the closing mechanism.
Right, that's great news please tell me how to get the key out the ignition. Its locked inside. :-)
Old 02-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been using the valet key the whole time. I only have one key. I'm excited if all I have to do is put the key in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: urgent help please Dead battery cannot access trunk