A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

N80 Purge Valve for 08 A6 3.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N80 Purge Valve for 08 A6 3.2

Does anyone know where the N80 purge valve is located on an 08 A6 3.2? Also does anyone know the part number for this as well?

I have the P0456 code (very small leak) that I scanned from seeing the CEL on. I had just bought a brand new OEM gas cap about 3 weeks ago to rule that out as the same code came up back then. After about three weeks the light came back on with the above code. Another piece of data is the temperature dropped a bit here in the Milwaukee, WI. area and my gas tank was at 1/4. Not sure if that triggered the P0456 code with the temperature drop on a fairly low fuel tank.

Thanks.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Midwestuser1
Does anyone know where the N80 purge valve is located on an 08 A6 3.2? Also does anyone know the part number for this as well?

I have the P0456 code (very small leak) that I scanned from seeing the CEL on. I had just bought a brand new OEM gas cap about 3 weeks ago to rule that out as the same code came up back then. After about three weeks the light came back on with the above code. Another piece of data is the temperature dropped a bit here in the Milwaukee, WI. area and my gas tank was at 1/4. Not sure if that triggered the P0456 code with the temperature drop on a fairly low fuel tank.

Thanks.
I believe I found the part number: 06E 906 517A (Made by Bosch- OEM). I also found where it's located. It's under the audi logo'd cover that you remove to change the oil filter. Now if anyone has advice if this is a good next step based on my above summary. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, i had the same code thrown, and replacing the purge valve got rid of it.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pcamaj
yes, i had the same code thrown, and replacing the purge valve got rid of it.
How long have you gone since replacing the purge valve and no code coming back?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

How long have you gone since replacing the purge valve and no code coming back?
It's been over a year !!!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's been over a year !!!
Sounds great. Is it an easy DIY? Did you reuse the hose and clamps or did you need new ones?
Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds great. Is it an easy DIY? Did you reuse the hose and clamps or did you need new ones?
unfortunately, the stealer at the time told me it was a labor intensive job so i ended up doing it there. ididnt post here to see. i would change the clamps the least. cause i saw sometimes the members had issues with that and had similar codes.

but N80, in my case was directly related to PurgeValve.

let us know the results.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

unfortunately, the stealer at the time told me it was a labor intensive job so i ended up doing it there. ididnt post here to see. i would change the clamps the least. cause i saw sometimes the members had issues with that and had similar codes.

but N80, in my case was directly related to PurgeValve.

let us know the results.
I talked to my Indy mechanic and he said it would take him 15-20 minutes tops so I may just go to him in the event a clamp isn't reusable.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am getting the Purge valve replaced today by my Indy. I'll post back on how long it takes them. I called the dealer and another indy (not the one I'm going to) and both stated it's 1 hour of labor. I can't see how it would take an hour but we'll see. Stay tuned.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am getting the Purge valve replaced today by my Indy. I'll post back on how long it takes them. I called the dealer and another indy (not the one I'm going to) and both stated it's 1 hour of labor. I can't see how it would take an hour but we'll see. Stay tuned.
It took the mechanic 5 minutes to replace the N80 purge valve and it would be a very easy DIY job.

Quick Reply: N80 Purge Valve for 08 A6 3.2