Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Going to change Brakes, need Tq Specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to change Brakes, need Tq Specs

I'm going to change the front/rear brakes this coming weekend, I got everything from Amazon.com for $520 . Can anyone provide me with the tq specs for all the bolts, that's the only thing I need to make sure this job is done correct.

Thx in advance
Old 03-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank God for the TouaregTDI forums, they had all the info on their site

I changed the fronts last night and OMG, the caliper to carrier bolts are on super duper tight!!! It took a good 10 mins to break the drivers side bottom bolt and another 30 mins to break loose the top bolt with a breaker bar and another 4 inch pipe on top of that... At that point I took the PB Blast and hosed down the bolts on the passenger side. After I finished putting on the new rotors, pads and sensors, I was able to break both passenger side bolts loose in 5 mins... PB Blast is your friend when getting those bolts loose at 199lbs ft tq :O

Another PITA was trying to get all the pistons (6) aligned to where I could fit the pads in between the rotor and caliper, very tidious on the passenger side!!!

I'll be tackling the rears tonight or tomorrow, should be fun because Audi thought it was cute to use triple square 16mm heads for the caliper/carrier bolts :/ WTF Audi???

For anyone that needs to do this job here are some links for reference, happy wrenching!!!

Youtube vid on the fronts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAs6G7-BiW0

Touareg Write up on the Rears:
http://gigaloop.com/rearbrakes/

The tq specs for the front carrier bolts are 199lbs (thats no lie)

The tq specs for the rear carrier bolts are 113lbs, also the rear carrier bolts are stretch bolts so you will need to buy new ones!!!

It would also be a good idea to get new rotor screws
Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info and link. Wont be tackling this yet. What mileage did you get out of originals and what brand did you go with?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I used the hawk lts pads, centric rotors and beck arnley wear sensors. I know its only been a few days but I do notice the hawk pads seem to have a bit less of a bite, not sure if I need to let the pads/rotors break in, but once I change the rears and bleed the entire system ill post back again in a few weeks