Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Another 07 with a F'd MMI from the sunroof drain issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 07 with a F'd MMI from the sunroof drain issue

Several months ago the front passenger side leaked due to sunroof drain issue, now the rear passenger side is leaking and has started to short out the MMI components... I requested at Audi Coral Springs that they replace all the drains for preventive maintenance, but the service tech didn't want to hear it... Now look at this BS:

Old 03-09-2012, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And all this from a known MY07 issue (for over 5 years) with more than one TSB.
Push them really hard on the issue. Audi AG has a deal with Audi USA to handle the warranty issues. They are allowed a lump sum each year to cover all issues. In other words Audi AG have already paid out on the fix for your issue but Audi USA are playing the numbers game.
I know this sounds like gutsy talk but I read up on it (as much as possible) back when they brought that deal in a long time ago.

No one is paying me to pick sides and I remain fed up with this issue. I predicted it would resurface when 07s started changing hands. Even if they save a few bucks here and there on repairs, it seems obvious to me the cost in brand damage results in greater losses.
Once again dear Audi; Recall or at least cover the repair cost of a design flaw you damn well know about and I have been recording since 2006.

Sorry man for ranting on your thread. Keep us posted.

PS good chance its water in the fiber optic loop. Once dry the MMI could well come back up.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Picked up the Q7 today

So After I dropped off the Q7 yesterday, I called AoA and asked that the remaining 3 sunroof drains be replaced... The stealership replaced the 2 rears but not the drivers front I'm still waiting to hear back from AoA to ask why only replace to the rears when the drivers front hasn't been changed either... They also replaced the amp so hopefully I don't have any other electronic gremlins come up in the future... as I told my service advisor that my side assist system also turned off with an alert on the day the radio lost sound. He gave me this weird look oh really and I said well didn't your tech test all the electronics... Then I get the well well well they didn't check everything "SMFH"
Old 03-11-2012, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The TSB #s are on one of the spreadsheet pages for your use.
If they (service dept) come up with any new #s please report back.
Other known fails as a result include Bluetooth module and air suspension.
Strange that they didnt just put a shield over the electrics or a secondary gutter.
Audi early warning of a loose or blocked drain... the expensive electronics blow.
as this is no longer an issue in subsequent MYs obviously they can deal with it properly if they want to.

Last edited by Jusforfun; 03-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sunroof

Originally Posted by markcorrado1
Several months ago the front passenger side leaked due to sunroof drain issue, now the rear passenger side is leaking and has started to short out the MMI components... I requested at Audi Coral Springs that they replace all the drains for preventive maintenance, but the service tech didn't want to hear it... Now look at this BS:

Sorry to hear about your Q7 sunroof leak. It was the same for me, I warned my dealer several times about it, until my Q7 started with the right front, then the left front leaks. At that time I told my dealer to check again the rear drains, since I was lucky of not having rear electronic damage and their answer was everything was fine. Well fine only lasted for a couple of weeks when the rear leak happened and I had electronic component damage.
I guess Audi NA has not learned from several cases of the same leaks and dealers have been ignoring the TSB.

Wish you good luck with getting repairs covered by Audi and hope Audi NA starts listening to customers
Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In no way can I believe this is still going on with a RECALL by Audi. This problem is sickening!! A real joke for Audi and a Bigger Not Funny Joke on those dealing with it.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Another sunroof leak

Sunroof leaking
Old 07-21-2012, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RAD2 Again!

Originally Posted by RAD2
Sunroof leaking
Yet another sunroof leak 'bump' from RAD2. It's amazing!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sam08861
Yet another sunroof leak 'bump' from RAD2. It's amazing!
Sam, Rad2 is on a mission please let him run with it for now. Its not as if he is being unfair to Audi and the forum is set up to allow bumps. It is not my choice and I dont even see them as I have set hybrid view, Thread start time, from the beginning (most recent first I think).
Anyway, while it is ok for him to post and ok for you to draw attention that he is on a mission, it is not allowed for you to make defamitory or insulting replies.
You could simply reply pointing out the age of OP if you feel so strongly about this.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi q7 radio cuts out

I am in serious need of help. I believe the drainage issue affected my 2007 Q7. The radio, cd player, ipod plays audio for about 20 seconds then cuts out completely for 3 seconds. This doesn't stop... Please help

Quick Reply: Another 07 with a F'd MMI from the sunroof drain issue