TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

WHAT? No more 1M.. Screw BMW, hello Audi TT RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT? No more 1M.. Screw BMW, hello Audi TT RS

Hey guys,

I'm currently driving a 2010 135i. The car has tune, DPs, Meth and intake and is darn fast for a dd. Before DPs she made 381whp/405wtq with just meth tune and intake.
My lease is up in December/January 2013 time frame.
While it's a ways away, ordering cars takes time, and low production cars even more time.
I was very annoyed that BMW did such a short run on the 1M.
I drove it, and loved it. Solid car.

I also hate that they still have 1m info on the BMWNA website. Like keeping ex-gf pics on the fridge. Stupid.

Anyway, I've been reading, and doing my research. Now I know this is an Audi forum, but does my logic make sense?? Let's be objective...

- Price, yes it's expensive. Bare bones $58K.. Wait that's what used 1Ms are going for, and I can lease the TT.
- I live in the Northeast, and while this was an easy winter. All wheel drive is an awesome plus, and a great way to get power down all the time.
- I'm a big believer in Nurburgring testing. The RS beat the 1M. Period. That shocked me. But a win is a win.
- Looks are subjective, but it's good looking to me. I liked the bad boy 1M stance, but the TT already has that aftermarket stance where the 1M seems higher (which it is) than my 135i.
- It's lighter, wider and lower. For me thats a plus since I enjoy Auto Xing.
- No real back seat, but that's what the wife's car is for.
- Questionably better sounding than the N54? The 1M sounded better than my Fabspeed DP 135, but the 5 banger sounds like a baby V10!!
- This car is hyper exclusive. Larger Audi dealers are only getting 2 for 2012. Apparently this car has potential to eat R8 shares, which is what the dealer told me. Somewhat like the 1M > M3.
- We ran some numbers and putting down a larger sum up front made the residual value well worth buying the car and the end and selling independently.
-

Anyway, was considering the blue. What do you guys think? I'm the first on the list for a 2013 at my local dealer. I'll hang on to it unless something better comes along.

Thanks,

G
Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gregm3
Hey guys,

I'm currently driving a 2010 135i. The car has tune, DPs, Meth and intake and is darn fast for a dd. Before DPs she made 381whp/405wtq with just meth tune and intake.
My lease is up in December/January 2013 time frame.
While it's a ways away, ordering cars takes time, and low production cars even more time.
I was very annoyed that BMW did such a short run on the 1M.
I drove it, and loved it. Solid car.

I also hate that they still have 1m info on the BMWNA website. Like keeping ex-gf pics on the fridge. Stupid.

Anyway, I've been reading, and doing my research. Now I know this is an Audi forum, but does my logic make sense?? Let's be objective...

- Price, yes it's expensive. Bare bones $58K.. Wait that's what used 1Ms are going for, and I can lease the TT.
- I live in the Northeast, and while this was an easy winter. All wheel drive is an awesome plus, and a great way to get power down all the time.
- I'm a big believer in Nurburgring testing. The RS beat the 1M. Period. That shocked me. But a win is a win.
- Looks are subjective, but it's good looking to me. I liked the bad boy 1M stance, but the TT already has that aftermarket stance where the 1M seems higher (which it is) than my 135i.
- It's lighter, wider and lower. For me thats a plus since I enjoy Auto Xing.
- No real back seat, but that's what the wife's car is for.
- Questionably better sounding than the N54? The 1M sounded better than my Fabspeed DP 135, but the 5 banger sounds like a baby V10!!
- This car is hyper exclusive. Larger Audi dealers are only getting 2 for 2012. Apparently this car has potential to eat R8 shares, which is what the dealer told me. Somewhat like the 1M > M3.
- We ran some numbers and putting down a larger sum up front made the residual value well worth buying the car and the end and selling independently.
-

Anyway, was considering the blue. What do you guys think? I'm the first on the list for a 2013 at my local dealer. I'll hang on to it unless something better comes along.

Thanks,

G

Gregm3.....sounds like you got it figured...Congratz on acquiring the 1st spot in line!!! The TTRS is IMO the nicest vehicle on the road (german precision)! Only one other that I'd rather have..............wait for it...........The roadster!
Dat is how I roll..lol Too bad we're not getting any. But again Congratz....and yes the blue is nice...don't know if it is available anymore...but they had a deep blue ..really dark ..that was my cup of tea. Honestly tho...have not seen any color on the TT I did not like except the barbie pink. Why would any one ruin a car in that color...but hey to each his own.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think most of us would agree that for the money, you're not going to find a better car than the TT RS.

Then again, there are BMW guys and Audi guys. I can appreciate BMW especially the M's, but I'm an Audi guy all the way. After 2 S4's, a TT, and now a TT RS, I still have never even considered a BMW.

I'm sure if you try hard enough, you can convince yourself one way or another on just about any car out there, but I wouldn't change a thing about the TT RS. It's just amazing in every way.

The blue is beautiful, but I'm all about the black.

Good luck with your decision! I have my doubts about anything "better" coming along

r
Old 02-22-2012, 12:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The RS is pretty amazing. It doesn't take much to make it even better. APR is releasing their tune in March which should be quite impressive. Better tires and a rear sway bar to kill the designed-on-purpose understeer and you've got a winner. Mine is bone stock save for some Milltek cat delete pipes and it never ceases to make me smile. It sounds like your 135 was pretty strong, so the stock RS won't be quite as fast in a straight line. But it will impress you with grip and poise. And with the above mods, it will dominate.

It's too bad you guys don't live in Germany. I can't imagine driving my TTRS on American roads. So slow

- Jeremy -
Old 02-24-2012, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by - jeremy -
The RS is pretty amazing. It doesn't take much to make it even better. APR is releasing their tune in March which should be quite impressive. Better tires and a rear sway bar to kill the designed-on-purpose understeer and you've got a winner. Mine is bone stock save for some Milltek cat delete pipes and it never ceases to make me smile. It sounds like your 135 was pretty strong, so the stock RS won't be quite as fast in a straight line. But it will impress you with grip and poise. And with the above mods, it will dominate.

It's too bad you guys don't live in Germany. I can't imagine driving my TTRS on American roads. So slow

- Jeremy -
We aren't that slow! Just have to pick your moments! I have a Z06 which has super long legs. 2nd gear goes to 90mph! And I still have fun with it.

Thanks for the input guys. Need to actually sit in a TT. The seating might be an issue. Im almost 6 feet tall but with a long torso, and I might be a tad tight in the TT since the 1 is just ok and I lose an inch with the TT layout.

I agree that this car will safely be a way better corner carver and all around fun car more of the season. Just need to match up the daily practicality factor.

I'd really like to drive one!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gregm3
We aren't that slow! Just have to pick your moments! I have a Z06 which has super long legs. 2nd gear goes to 90mph! And I still have fun with it.

Thanks for the input guys. Need to actually sit in a TT. The seating might be an issue. Im almost 6 feet tall but with a long torso, and I might be a tad tight in the TT since the 1 is just ok and I lose an inch with the TT layout.

I agree that this car will safely be a way better corner carver and all around fun car more of the season. Just need to match up the daily practicality factor.

I'd really like to drive one!!!
Sit in a regular TT it has the same inside dimensions....the one thing I recommend is getting the power seats if you are tall. I am 6'1" @ 225 lbs muscular.....and have no problem ..most comfortable car I've ever driven(and at long distances). The seats can be lowered close to the floor ..as I'm sure your car can do also ..there are many ways to adjust via lumbar support, bolster and thigh etc....really just go try one at the Dealership. It won't be the TTRS but it will give you an idea. My roadster took some time to get used to, but now feels like my body glove......fits perfect!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Americo
Sit in a regular TT it has the same inside dimensions....the one thing I recommend is getting the power seats if you are tall. I am 6'1" @ 225 lbs muscular.....and have no problem ..most comfortable car I've ever driven(and at long distances). The seats can be lowered close to the floor ..as I'm sure your car can do also ..there are many ways to adjust via lumbar support, bolster and thigh etc....really just go try one at the Dealership. It won't be the TTRS but it will give you an idea. My roadster took some time to get used to, but now feels like my body glove......fits perfect!
That's my plan. Thanks for the input
Old 02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just saying...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_cpGWFm95o&hd=1