Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Daytona Grey or Aviator Blue? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Grey or Aviator Blue? Help!

I'm about to order an A6 2.0tdi S-Line for Jan delivery. I have narrowed the colour down to Daytona Grey or Aviator Blue (the interior will be black leather/alcantara sports seats with brushed aluminium trim). Daytona is a special order only available at standard metallic/pearl cost on the S-Line, on the SE it costs a lot more. Why is this - is there something special about it? Help please!
Old 11-13-2011, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told the same by my dealer in Canada about Daytona Grey, it is unique to S line, I ended up ordering Oolong Grey it is rich color changes to black in dark and bronze on sun light.
But Daytona grey is very nice color, BMW does the same I'm sure other vendors they reserve certain colors to specific trims (M Sport for BMW) to make it unique kind of, but I liked Oolong Grey and went with that, bit darker than Daytona, and not too many around with this color.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by stoulana
I was told the same by my dealer in Canada about Daytona Grey, it is unique to S line, I ended up ordering Oolong Grey it is rich color changes to black in dark and bronze on sun light.
But Daytona grey is very nice color, BMW does the same I'm sure other vendors they reserve certain colors to specific trims (M Sport for BMW) to make it unique kind of, but I liked Oolong Grey and went with that, bit darker than Daytona, and not too many around with this color.
I ordered Daytona Grey it is at the dealer now, getting prepped for delivery this week. I will post pictures later this week. It is a nice color, but the blue is also great.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by audifiend
I ordered Daytona Grey it is at the dealer now, getting prepped for delivery this week. I will post pictures later this week. It is a nice color, but the blue is also great.
I know, that's the problem, I can't decide between them!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

I went with the blue, thought the price premium was just too much.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

That is a tough decision, but I would opt for the Aviator Blue (with a nougat brown interior, but black is nice too). It's a very distinctive darker blue color.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mickelin
I went with the blue, thought the price premium was just too much.
I won't have a price premium. Because I'm ordering a S-Line the Daytona Grey is the same price as the Aviator Blue. If you had no price premium would you have go for the Daytona?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I would have taken the Daytona. Have you seen it outdoors in real life? It is an awesome color. I went for the air suspension instead and I'm now trying to convince myself the aviator blue is just as nice (and it is, almost...)
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mickelin
Yes I would have taken the Daytona. Have you seen it outdoors in real life? It is an awesome color. I went for the air suspension instead and I'm now trying to convince myself the aviator blue is just as nice (and it is, almost...)
In the USA there are no S-line color options so it is $2500 premium. But most other colors (pearl, metallic) are $500 so net difference is $2,000 MSRP.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the Dakota, the Aviator blue is getting long in the tooth.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Daytona Grey or Aviator Blue? Help!