Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5-present

Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #1
dipaola
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 119466

Default How Do I Update My Audi MMI Software?

PLEASE HELP.....I would like to upgrade the MMI Software in my 2010 A4, but I dont know if there is even a newer version available, and I can't find out how to tell if a new version has been released.

I'm running the following...

Software Version: HNav_US_P0110_D1
Nav. Database: 8R0060884F_NAR 5.3.4

Please help!

Thanks so much.
dipaola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
jiggeybo
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 199811

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipaola View Post
PLEASE HELP.....I would like to upgrade the MMI Software in my 2010 A4, but I dont know if there is even a newer version available, and I can't find out how to tell if a new version has been released.

I'm running the following...

Software Version: HNav_US_P0110_D1
Nav. Database: 8R0060884F_NAR 5.3.4

Please help!

Thanks so much.
I would suggest taking it to the dealer, but what is it that you think you will gain from the upgrade? If everything is running smoothly, you're probably better off not tinkering with it.
jiggeybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
dipaola
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default wanting to upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggeybo View Post
I would suggest taking it to the dealer, but what is it that you think you will gain from the upgrade? If everything is running smoothly, you're probably better off not tinkering with it.
I really want to perform the upgrade...I did it on my last 2 audi's and it usually fixes small bugs and add's new features, but I dont know how to get the downloadable software update.

I usually can download online, but right now I dont know which version the current version...so I have no idea if an upgrade is even necessary.

Can you help?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
markcincinnati
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 38132

This is really easy: Go to the dealer. And, it will be free!
markcincinnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
markcincinnati
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 38132

Again, just go to or call or email the dealer service manager. Why bother doing it yourself -- I have had mine done twice, both times FOC, and during the proc, they let me have a new Q5 or Q7 for the day. They were even "nice enough" to make sure my "VAG COM mods" were as I wanted them (needle sweep, lap timer, non-winking LED's, open close window/sunroof, etc.) Frankly, I didn't notice any difference, but supposedly something was improved on my Audi Drive Select. Beats me, I run mine on "Individual" and the settings are still the same.
markcincinnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
dipaola
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ended up calling the dealership and they were reluctant to want to have the car int he shop just of a software upgrade. They're telling me unless I need to address a current problem, then they dont wanna do it for free.

However, I did inform them that I am having a slight problem with my iphone, and that I read online that it can be fixed through this MMI update.

So, I made an appointment with them to have this updated.

I'm currently on version P0110 and they tell me there is a release called something like 0140 which they will upgrade to for me.

My question now is, how do I know if there is a map update available for my car? If there is a map update available, I'd like to get that too. I asked my local dealership and they told me theyre released every 3 years, which I couldn't believe would be true...anyone know???

THANKS SO MUCH!

-dipaola
Old 02-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
UmIsThisThingOn
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 163579

Quote:
I ended up calling the dealership and they were reluctant to want to have the car int he shop just of a software upgrade. They're telling me unless I need to address a current problem, then they dont wanna do it for free.

However, I did inform them that I am having a slight problem with my iphone, and that I read online that it can be fixed through this MMI update.

So, I made an appointment with them to have this updated.

I'm currently on version P0110 and they tell me there is a release called something like 0140 which they will upgrade to for me.

My question now is, how do I know if there is a map update available for my car? If there is a map update available, I'd like to get that too. I asked my local dealership and they told me theyre released every 3 years, which I couldn't believe would be true...anyone know???

THANKS SO MUCH!

-dipaola
I'm pretty sure that there has been a map update since the 2010 models.
THIS is something you can find online and update yourself - it's $200 @ the Stealership.
'10 Brilliant Black A4 Sline • Hüper Optik • 034 HiFlo Turbo Hose • EC HFC • Milltek • Alu Kreuz/ÜSS • Hankook V12's • ST-40 BBK
Pending: Black Grill • Höen H11 • EC Intercooler • EC Meisterwerk STS
Wish List: PSS10's • New Wheels • ECodes
UmIsThisThingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
dipaola
AudiWorld Newcomer

how do i get those maps online? i tried searching the piratebay site, but i couldn't find anything. What search terms did you use?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:20 AM   #9
dirtysoil
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 163422

Quote:
how do i get those maps online? i tried searching the piratebay site, but i couldn't find anything. What search terms did you use?
+1

I also have been looking for 3gMMI US Nav updates from torrent sites with no luck.
RS-4 Pedals
dirtysoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #10
UmIsThisThingOn
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 163579

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysoil View Post
+1

I also have been looking for 3gMMI US Nav updates from torrent sites with no luck.
I remember seeing someone post in the forums about finding or having one.
Sorry guys, I cannot for the life of me remember who it was or the thread.
'10 Brilliant Black A4 Sline • Hüper Optik • 034 HiFlo Turbo Hose • EC HFC • Milltek • Alu Kreuz/ÜSS • Hankook V12's • ST-40 BBK
Pending: Black Grill • Höen H11 • EC Intercooler • EC Meisterwerk STS
Wish List: PSS10's • New Wheels • ECodes
UmIsThisThingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, a4, audi, download, easy, find, forum, hnavusp0110d1, map, mmi, nav, online, s4, software, update, updates, upgrade