Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Interior LED Kit - $80 Shipped (Replace all your Interior bulbs)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the kit and installed it so I thought I would make a few comments regarding the lights and install. I didn't really know what to expect regarding the install; I read through this entire thread and it seemed liked people had some difficulties installing the LED's.

The lights arrived quickly in about 2-3 days after I placed my order. The bulbs were marked showing what the were for Ex. dome, map, license plate, etc. In preparation for this install, I purchased a set of Bojo prying tools from Crutchfield for like 12 bucks: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_126CR3N...ls.html?tp=990. These were extremely helpful throughout the process and I would recommend getting a set of these tools just to have.

Most of the light covers just popped off using one the pry tools. The main dome/ map lights came off by removing one T25 screw. The inside lights were pretty easy and I only ran into minor problems installing the glovebox light just because the space is so small. After reading through this thread i thought the license plate was going to be really difficult but again the pry tools saved me. I replaced all the lights in about 30 minute.

Last night I had my first chance to check them out at night time. The lights are definitely bright but they looks great. The license plate bulbs looks awesome and this is a great mod for $80. I definitely recommend the kit and it is a major improvement over the factory bulbs.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks d-tronics, appreciate your input.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

can you help me figure out how to change the license plate bulbs to LED.. I cannot seem to find how to release the bulb housing
thanks for your help..
Steve
Old 03-21-2011, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Lic. plate LED lighting

Steve
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor

Hey thanks for the image and im glad you figured it out... Either way i have to get a video up and will try to do so asap.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
wje
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got mine. Aside from what a pita it is to get to the glovebox and trunk lights, they work just fine.

Well amost just fine... the door lights, glove box light, and trunk light are really, really finiky. The reason, at least for me, is the led bulb is just a tiny bit wider than the original. The socket doesn't want to take the body of the led without some fiddling around. I tweaked my socket just a bit with some needle-nose pliers. If you're patient enough, you might not need to be quite that aggressive. I'm not that patient.

One more thing... the leds are polarized. So, if you put one in and it doesn't work, just flip it around.

But, once they're in, they are great. Much brighter, whiter light. Put in the visor and map lights on one side and compare. Amazing.

PS - be careful if you use a screwdriver to pop out the existing bulbs; it's really easy to slip and blow a fuse. Yes, I know this from experience.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wje
I just got mine. Aside from what a pita it is to get to the glovebox and trunk lights, they work just fine.

Well amost just fine... the door lights, glove box light, and trunk light are really, really finiky. The reason, at least for me, is the led bulb is just a tiny bit wider than the original. The socket doesn't want to take the body of the led without some fiddling around. I tweaked my socket just a bit with some needle-nose pliers. If you're patient enough, you might not need to be quite that aggressive. I'm not that patient.

One more thing... the leds are polarized. So, if you put one in and it doesn't work, just flip it around.

But, once they're in, they are great. Much brighter, whiter light. Put in the visor and map lights on one side and compare. Amazing.

PS - be careful if you use a screwdriver to pop out the existing bulbs; it's really easy to slip and blow a fuse. Yes, I know this from experience.
thank you for the input. im glad to have another happy customer
Old 03-26-2011, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Just installed these

Didn't have many issues and they look great. However, the door, glove compartment, and trunk LEDs didn't fit perfectly. A little surgery on the adapter (not the LED) and I got them to fit. Otherwise, a great and easy mod (even for someone fairly new at mods like me).
Old 04-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks for all the orders guys...
Old 05-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Former Vendor

bump, more available

Quick Reply: Interior LED Kit - $80 Shipped (Replace all your Interior bulbs)