A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

ESP EPC & Engine Light ON

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ESP EPC & Engine Light ON

ESP / ECP / Engine lights are all on... any idea what it can be? Won't be able to take my car to the dealer for about 45 days. Wonder if it had anything to do with my dyno pulls today. But it drove just fine for hours after... funny thing is that it is starting up funny, it stutters a bit, maybe a MAF issue? Or maybe the CARBON is BACK! LOL

At least I got my Fidelity Platinum warranty... so not really worried too much just yet.

Thank you Audi for keeping my life interesting.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took mine in to read for codes when my ESP/ECP light remained lit the other day until i restarted it..The car wouldnt start up right away and the tranny even defaulted to 3rd gear for a minute.

All the codes lead to some electrical relay switch that they ordered. I guess it failed to provide the right current at start up, which triggers a series of error codes in MAF circuit, ECM, ABS, etc.

Maybe you have a similar issue.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I was told it was: Throttle valve adaptation incorrect value.

Whatever that means...
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well... this crap happened again. WTF.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same issue after I got an alignment to the car, my technician he work with Ferrari and Audi at the dealer told me to remove the battery negative or positive and wait for about 5min then reinstall switch on but no start it up for two min you will hear the throttle getting align and the car setting up everything to stock values and the light got away. But if you have your car align you have to align the sensor that is locate in the steering wheel with a vag com...I hope it help.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had this problem happen this morning. Car ran REALLY rough. I turned it off and started it back up. All warning lights turned off and car ran fine after re-starting. Good thing that I'm taking my car in for service later this week. Will post outcome if they find anything.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Brand loyalty is hard sometimes
Old 12-05-2011, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please Help!

I got this issue this morning as well, WTF. Yesterday I changed my oil with Lubro-Moly 0W40 and added the Lubro-Moly engine flush to the old oil before changing it. After I added the new oil I started the car and it ran fine. This morning however I tried starting the car and it would not start making a loud diesel engine like sound and got the EPC along with Check Engine Light on. I kept trying and it would not stay on, after several tries I gave it some gas to keep it on and it stayed on as long as I was giving it some gas. After a couple of minutes I let go of the gas and it stayed on but it idled very rough. I let the car warm up and tried driving back and forth on my drive way. I decided to take a chance and go to work. 10mins into my commute the EPC went away but the Check Engine Light started flashing 10mins later. Car is also exhibiting shifting issues where I have had to shift it myself at times. I just tried removing the battery negative connection for 5mins and on position for 2mins before start but it did not help. I Scanned and came back with a big list including misfire on 1, 2 and 3. Is there anything else I should try or is this it, I have to bring it to Audi and tell the kids how Audi stole Christmas?

Last edited by jujuC6; 12-05-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jujuC6
Is there anything else I should try or is this it, I have to bring it to Audi and tell the kids how Audi stole Christmas?
lolol...
sorry to hear this budddy...
but did u ever take it for a recall on en COILS.
cause it sounds like it might be it ...
Old 12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good point, you can check Audi Recalls and Campaigns here by VIN number.

Originally Posted by pcamaj
but did u ever take it for a recall on en COILS.
cause it sounds like it might be it ...

It wouldn't hurt to do a TBA in my opinion.
Colder weather could have caused low voltage in the battery causing it to lose it's settings.
Procedure here.

Originally Posted by jujuC6
I just tried removing the battery negative connection for 5mins and on position for 2mins before start but it did not help. I Scanned and came back with a big list including misfire on 1, 2 and 3. Is there anything else I should try or is this it, I have to bring it to Audi and tell the kids how Audi stole Christmas?

Last edited by jakematic; 12-05-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: ESP EPC & Engine Light ON