Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2010 Q5 Lava Grey SLine - Picture Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Q5 Lava Grey SLine - Picture Heavy

Got her in a few weeks ago. Weather has been rough so this is one of the first nice days I've had free to take some shots of her.

Specs:
2010 SLine, Technology, Premium Plus, Navigation, B&O, Natural Brown Ash Wood to Replace the SLine Aluminum, Audi Drive Select Metalic Lava Grey Paint, Rear Entertainment DVD's.

***The Wood Trim Kit has not been fully installed as the Dash Panel is enroute***

Winter Mats: Weathertech
Summer Mats: Audi "Winter Mats"

Winter tires/rims: (18" VMR V710 In Gunmetal with Audi OEM Centre Caps wrapped in Bridgestone Blizzac DM-V1's).
Summer Tires: Stock SLine Wheels & Rubber.

She's a blast to drive and hauls just about everything that we need it to. For the rest there's always the truck

It's a shame but the flash washed out this pic so I will need to retake it later in a more natural light. The wood is identical to all the other wood pics which more accuratly show the true color and textures of the Ash. I find the flash-wash makes the wood look like plastic which couldn't be further from the truth.

Last edited by GenSpec; 03-18-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Can you let us know what dvd headrests you got?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice!

Your winter wheels look great.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where did you mount the DVD player for the headrests? and how dark is your fronts tinted? 20%?
Old 03-18-2010, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
where did you mount the DVD player for the headrests? and how dark is your fronts tinted? 20%?
The DVD players are built into each headrest and are also hooked up to the internal power supply of the Q through the seats. The Leather match is about as close as one could expect given that these are not OEM Headrests. Each headrest has an independent DVD player with thier own Remote, Wireless Headphones and A/V Input (For external devices such as Play Station, Ipod, etc... whatever you want to hook into it really). Both DVD's are chained to the one next to it so from the Driver Headrest DVD you can slave the Passenger DVD so both sides can watch the same video should they choose. However if the passengers want to watch different DVDs simultaneously that's an option too. Picture is great, no complaints given the size of the screen and the proximity to the viewer. They also pivot down if necessary so as to achieve an optimal viewing angle. Better than the Airplane TV's IMO.

The Tint is 35% in the fronts, rear is factory glass.

I'll see if I can pull up some specs on the DVD players this weekend. I have the info around the house somewhere.

Thanks for the kind words! She's a pleasure to drive!

Last edited by GenSpec; 03-18-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How did you get this special color paint on your q5? It looks very nice.....
Old 03-19-2010, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default DVD Headrest Info

Thanks for the comment Ookila. Lava Grey is a color option in Canada, so it was just a case of selecting it and paying for the $750 metalic paint option.

Here's the specs on the DVD Headrests...

Made by Invision, SL Series...

SL Series - Headrest - Rear Seat Entertainment | INViSiON Industries

My Photography skills leave something to be desired, but here are the pics nonetheless. They are much brighter in the car, I had to turn the flash off to get these shots and I'm not proficient enough with my camera to know how to compensate for the low light level. I did lighten the photos with Photoshop as the pics make the inside of the car look much darker than it is. The passenger seat is at a different angle and I did not adjust the screen pitch to compensate so it will look a bit different.

The picture quality is what I would call "Good" It's no plasma but it will do nicely on a long trip. No issues or complaints yet from the passengers...

The remotes and Headphones... Both are interchangeable so you can choose which headrest you want them to work with the push of a button.

Movies playing in this post are as follows...

Finding Nemo - Driver Headrest
Incredibles - Audi MMI Screen
Shrek - Passenger Headrest

Separate DVD's (All 3 playing different videos). Thinking about getting the Video in Motion chip for the MMI Screen in the front, haven't decided yet.

Slaved...

Close Ups...

The DVD Cases are reflecting sunlight onto the screen and back of the seat, but I don't have the time to retake the pic.

Last edited by GenSpec; 03-19-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice looking Q, very nice DVD headrests!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:09 PM
q5s
Audiworld Junior Member

You can do the vim hack for free if you have a vcds cable.
http://trick77.com/2009/07/18/enable...s-vag-com-mmi/
Easily the best Q5 I've seen by far.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Thanks....yeah...i wish audi has that color in US, i really like that color.......i can't wait for mine to come....black/black Sline Nav....should be here in late April (2 months wait time, not too bad)