Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Suspension problem not like most.....mine is stuck up!

Old 02-16-2010, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension problem not like most.....mine is stuck up!

*** FINAL UPDATE...the Allroad is lowww again, see page 2***

Well I have the N-111 purge valve stuck open code & it won't let me get out of level 4. At 1st it was intermittent, but now is constant. I put the suspension up so I could get out of my parking spot w/o having to shovel & now it stays there. I even tried driving 100mph to force it down, but it acts like it's gonna go down the level 3 & I have tried clearing it but just stays.

Do you think it is because of the cold weather & I should just wait it out or will I need to replace it, if so where can I get one besides the dealer & where is it at?

Last edited by B5in; 03-06-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Paulroad......anybody......please help
Old 02-17-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by B5in
Well I have the N-111 purge valve stuck open code & it won't let me get out of level 4. At 1st it was intermittent, but now is constant. I put the suspension up so I could get out of my parking spot w/o having to shovel & now it stays there. I even tried driving 100mph to force it down, but it acts like it's gonna go down the level 3 & I have tried clearing it but just stays.

Do you think it is because of the cold weather & I should just wait it out or will I need to replace it, if so where can I get one besides the dealer & where is it at?
I had the same problem the other day and when it finally warmed up above freezing it started working again. I think I will try putting some compressor oil in all of the compressor valve ports!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry, I have no clue.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I Am new but is the yellow man light on?
Old 02-18-2010, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Breezor
I had the same problem the other day and when it finally warmed up above freezing it started working again. I think I will try putting some compressor oil in all of the compressor valve ports!
Where & how do I put that oil in? When I try to clear the code I can hear something clicking back by the compressor, is it the N-111 valve?

Oh & yeah the yellow man light is on, only cuz I keep it in manual mode but it will let me put it back into auto mode if I hold one of the up or down buttons
Old 02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

is this one of those "if the condition lasts for more than 4 hours contact a doctor"
Old 02-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Former Vendor

Default Comrpessor

Originally Posted by B5in

Sounds like you have water built up in your air dryer. Unfortunately, the dryer is part of the compressor assembly. You might have to change out your compressor in order to fix the problem. The purge valve is part of the compressor assembly. When moisture builds up inside the compressor, it will freeze when temperatures drop. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks
Adam
Old 02-23-2010, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Arnott thanks for the info and thank you for building affordable replacement suspension parts for the Allroad!!!!! I plan on getting the Gen 2 bags as soon as 1 of mine goes & looks like I might need to get one of your compressors too

and my plot thickens......

My suspension light started blinking & I noticed the car itself is higher than I have ever seen it so I ran my vag-com & pulled these codes:

Control Module Part Number: 4Z7 907 553 BG
Component and/or Version: - 2C1A1 X031
Software Coding: 25500
Work Shop Code: WSC 20111
3 Faults Found:
01397 - Venting Solenoid for Level Control (N111)
31-10 - Open or Short to Ground - Intermittent
01400 - Suspension Level Control
08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Had the same problem, fixed it today it was the purge valve wiring broken at the valve, 2 small green wires going to a plug near the pump. Maybe worth a look

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension problem not like most.....mine is stuck up!