Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

problems with my 2010 A3 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with my 2010 A3 TDI

I took delivery of my 2010 A3 TDI at the end of december after placing the order at the end of august. I order my aruba blue tdi, with titanium package, premium plus, cold weather and nav.

First of all I love the car, especially the titanium trim package. But I having a few issues with the nav-plus, the improved graphics and traffic info is great but it is extremly frustrating when in an area I am not familiar with and need to find a diesel station and the nav list gas stations not diesel stations..........Audi of America listen up.........It would certainly be nice to be able to look on the nav and find out where to refuel. I passed 9 gas stations that popped up on the nav along my route and a couple that did not.......none of which had diesel! I ran out of fuel as I finally located a station. I paid extra tolls getting on and off toll roads to stop at stations. That is the problem.

I asked my sales person and was told the A3 tdi shows diesel stations. The service department does not show an update to the nav-plus or the nav disc. I contacted Audi customer care and they had to look into it, after 2 days I recieved a return call stating "its only on the q7 hard drive based nav"
from my understanding the a3 tdi in europe list diesel stations why can it not in the us?

Audi why is it that other manufactuers can make a dvd based nav system show diesel stations? BMW's x5 and 335d both use nav teq disc and show diesel stations. nav teq also makes the nav disc for Audi.

Audi's design flaw and customer care response are both unaceptable. increased fuel economy is a joke when you have to drive around wasting time and fuel to find a station with diesel. obviously not a issue on my regular commute as I have learned where stations are.

Maybe I need to call roadside every couple days for fuel delivery as I am unable to locate a ulsd station.

Also had a issue with the entire nav unit locking up and display being blank, radio could be turned on and off, volume could be adjusted and stations changed via steering controls. blue tooth worked at this time as well. this ploblem has been fixed.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Where are you located? Seriously, you can at least 500 miles on an average tank mixed driving. You couldn't find a diesel station in the last 100 miles of driving? This is not a problem with the car, it's a problem with the sales person lying about the nav finding diesel stations and with your poor judgement in when to fill up. Any truck stop normally has small car/pickup sized fuel pumps and in the North East, I'm guessing at least 25% of regular stations have a diesel pump.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It seems no problem in Canada, diesel is supplied everywhere.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Diesel quest

Originally Posted by chittychittybangbang
You couldn't find a diesel station in the last 100 miles of driving?
I cannot speak for the original poster, but I once had to pick up my wife south of San Francisco, crossed the entire city northbound on major secondararies and then hour north through Marin and Sonoma counties (80+ miles) without finding a single station selling diesel at 2AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

What's the deal with SF? All the diesel pumps were pulled out for plug in hybrid recharge stations?

Anyway, the trucks must fill up somewhere, all you have to do is see where they refuel. You might encounter a few cheap hookers though.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I was in the last 60 miles or so when I started looking. I live in the Dallas area, off the major interstates there are signs indicating where fuel stations are and which ones carry diesel but the toll roads do not have any signs. The filling stations in town are far and few between that carry diesel, when you get outside of town diesel becomes much more common. Finding diesel is only a issue when you are in a area that you dont know. Its a simple fix the powers at be of Audi need to call up Navteq and have a updated disc issued to include diesel stations.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought the 2010 A3 nav didn't have live traffic info like on other Audi models?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2010 does include traffic info
Old 03-01-2010, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hueso
2010 does include traffic info
And yours is US spec, not Canada?

Where does the traffic info come from, XM/Sirius?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

yes it is us spec and i believe it is over sirius