A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

where is the fuse box with ignition fuse?

Old 01-23-2010, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the fuse box with ignition fuse?

Long story short... was almost home - car all of a sudden died when I was half car on a driveway.
Tried to start it few times without luck.

VAGCOM read this:
004977 - Cylinder 6 Ignition Circuit: Short to Plus
P1371 - 006 - Short to Plus

I have a spare ignition coil, but I believe the fuse is blown, because I assume it would start in five cylinders if fuse is fine.

I don't have Audi repair manual for year 2005, so please give me a hint what to do and where is that fuse is located.

Car is '05 A6 3.2

Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-23-2010, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

checked all possible fuses on passenger side and driver side of the panel as well as all fuses in the trunk... didn't find anything. Now battery shows 11.1 volts... probably will try jumpstart with new coil pack.

If you have any idea where else to look, please respond I got out of ideas...
Old 01-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is coil number 6 physically look okay, not melted or burned? Have you taken it out yet? Is the connector okay? Melted?

Beneath the cowl in the engine compartment drivers side are the fuses. You would need to remove the wipers arms, the cowl and the plastic cover to access it.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ohh thank god somebody replied
Yes, I checked the coil and it looks burned and smell bad. I replaced it but car still won't start. I saw those boxes you are talking about, but wasn't sure if there are fuses inside, I'll try that tomorrow.
BTW is there a fuses schema under the cover? Asking because the fuse box in the trunk doesn't have fuses location schema for some reason.

Thank you sir for the reply! I'll report back how it's going.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Changed the fuse and Vuala!
TalontedOne - thank you for the tip.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TalontedOne
Is coil number 6 physically look okay, not melted or burned? Have you taken it out yet? Is the connector okay? Melted?

Beneath the cowl in the engine compartment drivers side are the fuses. You would need to remove the wipers arms, the cowl and the plastic cover to access it.
I was only aware of the fuses on the front driver/passenger dash next to the door panel, and the trunk. Is this a new place? Can someone take a pic to show where this set of fuses are?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Here:

You have to remove plastic trim to access it. I actually managed to open it without removing the plastic piece that close to windshield where wipers are.
There are several fuses in that box. The one that was blow due to ignition coil failure was 20A (yellow) - there is only one 20A there. I don't know why Audi didn't put fuses schema in it though...
Old 01-28-2010, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thank you!!! I learnt something new about my car.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TalontedOne
Is that where 'fuse 229' (for the +12V for the coils) is located?
Old 10-21-2022, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Fuses under hood drivers side labeles?

Can anyone give me a diagram of what those fuses control in black box driver side under hood? I have no start problem . Relays were changed , has worked in past but not this time. Checked al fuses with voltage tester and all were good except 3 of the 15a fuses all next to each other. There no blown but trying to understand what these 3 fuses control to follow the problem further . Any help is greatly appreciated. I've lost couple days work already and unfortunately you guys and myself are the only hope I have , thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: where is the fuse box with ignition fuse?