S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Interior LED with pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a D80 and I'm out on the peninsula. If you guys are going to meet up let me know. I'd love to bring some of my stuff and my S4.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brozee
Do you know if this mod would work with the audi a8, and its interior vanity bulbs. Not the LED ones that are under the rearview mirror, but the ones that turn on when you open the doors to the car.
Thanks!
Yea it should work, although I don't know what bulbs you would use to do it since they may be different than the A4/S4.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dman413
I have a D80 and I'm out on the peninsula. If you guys are going to meet up let me know. I'd love to bring some of my stuff and my S4.
An S4 Meet and Greet with a photoshoot would be fun. Maybe when the rainy weather clears out.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ShadowJet
Mmmm the T1i, HD video is a very nice feature. I'm using an older Rebel XTi.

Chris, I think you need to take your car on a photoshoot. I was planning to this weekend, but its suppose to rain all the way through to next week sunday!

BTW, know any good parking garages in Fremont? I don't want to have to drive to the Eastbay where I know a few good ones.
I really would like to do that. The weather and my schedule haven't been allowing me to really give my car a good bath and take pictures. I've been washing it regularly, to get the dust and bird crap, etc. off of it, but haven't been spending a lot of time with the details. Once I know it'll be nice for a few days and I've figured out how to work my new camera, I'm going to take some nice pictures.

As far as parking garages in Fremont ... I'm at a loss. I don't really know of any. I'd like to get some "inside" pictures like that and some exterior ones too with a decent background.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Where did you buy the LED lights, how much did they cost, and was it an easy install?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bought the lights at superbrightleds.com.

Overall cost, around $60 to change out 4 map lights (front and rear), 2 vanity lights, the dome light, and puddle lights. I can't be exact because it took me a few orders to get everything exactly the way I wanted so I ended up spending extra.

Very easy to install, minus the puddle lights. I'm still figuring this one out as it looks like I need to remove the door panels.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Here's the info I found on Audizine

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=282731

Don't heed all the bulb recommendations made there, I found that the colors do not match. But the post offers some good incite and pictures to compare. The lights the OP used in his car are Natural White.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey I ordered all the same LEDs for my car. For the back 2 I had to order lights in "white", not "cool white". Is that what you got?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

When you say back 2, do you mean the 2 map lights for the rear passengers? If so, I ordered those in cool white. Same bulb as the map lights in the front.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ShadowJet

What led bulb did you use for the puddle lights, any pics?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Interior LED with pics