Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Snow Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow Photos!

Since we're getting dumped on right now, I thought I'd post some photos of my S5now leopard after taking it out to play. The 6 inches of powder, Quattro + Dunlop 3Ds, and fact that I had just killed the GMAT exam made it the best drive home ever.

Please post your snow pics!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My baby won't be in the snow if I can help it but we do get plenty of it here in Northeast Ohio. The car looks so awesome in the Brilliant Red. My brother's S5 is silver and it's so boring. Ssshhhh. Don't tell him I said that. LOL.

BTW, he bought extra rims in the 18" and Blizzaks. He plans on using his car.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I would make that first photo my Christmas card.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Once again we see the problems with having LED lights. They do not get hot enough to melt the snow off

There was just an article in the paper how this is a real problem with the new LED stoplights.

Great pictures.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Audiworld Member

the regular halogens don't get super hot either... on this car you are sort of screwed either way.

its too bad the headlight washers dont pre-heat the fluid. if someone could come up with a way to do that aftermarket i'd be all over it.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have been out with my A5, riding 19 Snow Tires all weekend. The car has had no issues dealing with the snow.

Very pleased with the performance.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

A little north of Philly on Saturday night! Its almost impossible to tell its an A5...
Attached Images  
Old 12-21-2009, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta love Quattro drivers...we actually get excited to go out in the snow. Great pics - have fun and be safe!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

glaive: I'm in philly too. I didn't take mine out of the garage since I'm on the summer tire and stock rim set up. What exactly are the tires you're on and are you still on the 19" stock rims?

Not sure if I'm going to switch out this year or just leave the S5 garage-bound during the winter. I'm loathe to switch out the tires off and on the stock rims twice annually as I did that on a Merc C280 Sport I used to have and it took it's toll on the rims eventually.

Car looks great after the snow romp though.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When I bought the car I was offered 5 year wheel and tire protection which includes structural and cosmetic damage to the wheels, tire blowouts and flats, defects, nails, etc. etc. for an attractive price. So basically, what I'm guaranteed is in 5 years I can have perfect rims (stock) and free tires if anything happens to them during that time. So, in order to stay covered, I run the stock 19s and the Dunlop Winter Sport 3Ds which are Audi's recommended OEM snow tire in the winter. So I can drive the car year round and not worry about (at least the cost of) hitting potholes, curbs, wheel wear from changing tires, and other road hazards.

If I didn't have this insurance, I would have considered buying another set of winter rims to keep my main wheels looking nice. Anyway, I found a shop down the street that only sells and changes tires and they only charge me $60 to do the swap.

The Dunlops are great in snow.

Quick Reply: Snow Photos!