Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts
Old 08-05-2016, 10:51 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

A3/R8 type factory backup camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 10:23 PM
BBC
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A3/R8 type factory backup camera

BBC Technik has developed a process to add factory R8 backup camera system to your RNSE. This OEM system will still allow the function of a Video interface device like Kufatec's IMA. We offer fully systems, including ones for the addition of a IMA. I have been running this system in my A3 for 2 years now with 0 malfunctions, I even get the turning lines on the screen when I turn the wheel. We are also an authorized Kufatec dealer, so if you see it on thier site, we have it, or can get it. email ben@bbctechnik.com . Comming soon for 8J TT.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:05 AM
BDI
AudiWorld Member

Pics??
Old 11-19-2009, 08:11 PM
BBC
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Pics

Sorry they are a little cheesy, I'm not a photographer
Attached Images      
Old 11-22-2009, 06:57 AM
BDI
AudiWorld Member

Man, that looks great!!! Will this work on the updated 2010 RNS-E??
Old 11-22-2009, 07:45 AM
BBC
Audiworld Junior Member

yes
Old 11-22-2009, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stringing us along....how much does it cost?

'08 A3 with RNS-E
Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
BBC
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, PM me for pricing. Kit contains all OEM parts and includes backup camera module, camera, camera trim, and all wiring to make it work. Some cars need a Gateway module as well, depending on the year, mine is an 08 and did not. Of course I will offer full support on this install. Maybe we will do a how-to on here.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are those trajectory lines calibrated for the A3 or are they still assuming an R8 steering ratio & wheelbase? If the lines shows that I will miss an object (either on the inner or outer side), will I actually miss that object?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM
BBC
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LWNY
Are those trajectory lines calibrated for the A3 or are they still assuming an R8 steering ratio & wheelbase? If the lines shows that I will miss an object (either on the inner or outer side), will I actually miss that object?
I did have to do some recalculation of the aiming numbers on the scan tool for the A3 calibration, because it is higher than the R8 installation, but the A3 has a smaller track width than the R8 so it is not a problem backing in anywhere. I will offer full support with kit. I use mine to parallel park and back in all the time without a problem have used for 2 years without a problem. Of course as Audi states, "this is a supplemental system only, and you should always check your mirrors before backing up". I was cautious for the first month with mine, but it works flawless for missing objects while backing up. Be happy to demo for you if you live in SoCal.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:04 AM
NHN
AudiWorld Junior Member

As I'm in the UK, any chance of part numbers mate, I am fairly with it with audi fitments etc, I would hazard a guess a possible gateway upgrade, minor, also parking module maybe, but what interests me is the adaptation or basic settings channels you used to do the adapt for the 8P, any chance of this info so I can investigate with VCDS.

Thanks & well done, I'm all for pushing the boat out, I wouldnt mind being a UK fitter for this or parts supply.

Quick Reply: A3/R8 type factory backup camera