A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Premium + VAG help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Premium + VAG help

Those with a P+ and Sympony and a VAG, could you please help me?

Could you please go to 56, adaptation #39 & 40 and post your values?

PLUS Here's the kicker, post what you have listed in your CAR setup screen in the same order as displayed also fro the dash nipple. Mine reads thusly in a Prem model...

1) Central Locking
2) Ext Lights
3) Oil Level
4) Service Interval
5) TP Monitoring
6) VIN
7) Wipers

I found 2 spots for the DIS - one in Instr 17 and another in the Steering wheel section. I am hopeful that once I can get access to the CAR menu, maybe its possible to zero out some settings.

Next step is to buy a wiper stalk and replace steering column.

Thanks,

*******UPDATE*********
See post #3 below for fixed coding to add this for P- B8s or head over to AudiZine for the full wiki on this add and other VAG changes for your B8

http://www.audizine.com/wiki/index.php?title=B8_A4

Last edited by Cabal_san; 01-05-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabal_san
Those with a P+ and Sympony and a VAG, could you please help me?

Could you please go to 56, adaptation #39 & 40 and post your values?

PLUS Here's the kicker, post what you have listed in your CAR setup screen in the same order as displayed also fro the dash nipple. Mine reads thusly in a Prem model...
56 - Adaption 39 : 65519
56 - Adaption 40 : 65535

CAR menu has :

Central Locking
Exterior Lighting
Instrument Cluster
Oil Level
Seat Adjustment
Service Interval Display
Tire Pressure Monitoring
VIN
Windows (This appeared after enabling the remote express up-down function)
Windshield wipers

---

Instrument cluster has
Shift recomendation
Speed warning
Warning threshold
On-board computer 1
On-board computer 2

within each of the computer menus you can turn on/off each of the components (range display, avg mileage, avg speed, etc) -- it may be that premium models are set to "Fuel Range" of trip 1 (or 2). Perhaps even without the stalk if you leave everything off except one function -- that function will be displayed on the center DIS. Of course these menus have to be avail first.

Good Luck! Keep us informed...

Last edited by need_TQM; 09-12-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok this is a quik response. Def more testing is needed and I will report step by step, but so far this is becoming a reality.

Turns out my Adaption 39 & 40 are the same as yours need_tqm! Threw me off.

However, poking around again, I noticed in Long coding of 56, Byte 9, bit 6 active makes "Bord Setting Active". This turns out to be the DIS of the P+.

Enabling this turns on "Instrument Cluster". Turning off all setting under "On board Comp 1", changed the display from "miles to empty" on standard Premium level.

So enabling on 17 Instruments, Byte 1, bit 2 & 56/ 9 /6 might be the trick. (fixed)
However i have also enabled DIS in Steerin Wheel 16 /2 /1 (not needed).

But again this needs more testing tomorrow.

More then.

Last edited by Cabal_san; 01-05-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, seems to work fine for at least On Board Trip Computer #1.

Depending on what gets enabled, all others options here are turnded off will display in the Instrument Cluster, just as stated at the bottom of page 29 in the manual.
Reset is done in the software, i.l.o. the reset button on the bottom of the wiper stalk.

I need to spend more time on figguring out how to swapp from Trip COmputer #1 to 2.

Also, I might try to narrow down exactly which of the Bytes need enabling, it may not need all three. Maybe just a couple of options...

Next up, seat memory for non MMI (Module 36).
Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next up, seat memory for non MMI (Module 36).
I've tried this a few times with the vag com. Doesn't seem to work, or recognize the option to be exact.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

To access Trip Comptr #2 just turn off all in Trip Comptr #1. Reverse to go back.

Forogt to also mention that I enabled 56 / byte 8 / bit 3 (iirc) about eads up display. Not sure if matters...
Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Can't get into Module 36. Apparently not installed...
Maybe key memory takes the advanced key not the regular old key (ythat just looks pretty advanced).

Oh well, the DIS for a regular old Premium without the hassel and headache of a wiper stalk swap was worth the price of admission.

Thanks Ross Tech.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wiper stalk is not available as a spare part. The entire lever assembly needs to be changed to pick-up the two switches. About $ 200 in Europe.

The seat memory also includes the exterior mirrors. The key is the same for all cars. What is missing in the premium trim level are the feedback devices on the seats and mirrors that tell the computer what position is required. For that you need additional wiring and modules for the seats and doors. You also need a switch panel for manual selection of the memory position. It also allows you to set the position. These parts are really expensive because the door panel is replaced to get the memory buttons. About the same as buying a taco for everyone at a Lakers game.

Thanks for sharing the results of peeking and poking the computer with a VAG com device.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cabal_san: I just PM'd you with a question...

I will post it here, maybe someone else can answer it too...

The trip computer is something that I would really like and is one of the only things that I like from the Premium Plus trim.. Now that you have found out how to enable the trip computer on Premium trim, there is no real reason the I have to get the P+.

Only question is, using your method to enable the trip computer, is it possible to show the instantaneous speed display?
Can you run through the options in Car --> Inst. --> Trip 1 + Trip 2

Also, It seamed pretty clear what you needed to enable in VAG from your post, but can you tell me exactly what has to be done.
Thanks Everyone!!!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

hey, just PM'd ya the info back.

I'm ticked about this one and the memory seat buttons on a pseudo-luxo auto missing in what they call a Premium vehicle. The other stuff in P+, well, meh. I know i'm gonna flamed for this, but I kinda thought the LEDs where gimmiky upon first look at the dealer, so it did not matter if I got them or not.

I got a speactualr deal on my A4 QT, so I'm not complaining tooo loudly at all. The VAG just makes it that much more enjoyable.

Waiting to hit a junk yard one day to grab the wiper stalk/signal/cruise assmebly. Then I got to fig out how to take me wheel off without getting punched in the face by my airbag!

BTW, memory seats via key appears to be a dead end at this point.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Premium + VAG help