Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Campaign 91E6 is active for 2009 Q5s - MMI upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Campaign 91E6 is active for 2009 Q5s - MMI upgrade

Getting our 2009 Prestige serviced today for 5K
Service manager found brand new campaign is active - 91E6
Apparently a major set of SW upgrades to address multiple MMI issues including dark screen faults, etc.
He said it is numerous pages of instructions - it is taking them several hours on this item alone

Thought this group might be interested...

Just came out 2 days ago (or very recently)
Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks. That's interesting. Any way to get a list/summary of the updates?
Old 08-14-2009, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smca
Getting our 2009 Prestige serviced today for 5K
Service manager found brand new campaign is active - 91E6
Apparently a major set of SW upgrades to address multiple MMI issues including dark screen faults, etc.
He said it is numerous pages of instructions - it is taking them several hours on this item alone

Thought this group might be interested...

Just came out 2 days ago (or very recently)
Where are you located?

phxflyboy
Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does this include database updates?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pcw7w6
what does SW mean?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To answer the previous questions - i don't have the specific list of updates, but per the service adviser they were on the phone with AoA to clarify the procedures for the campaign, and there were 3 items that they needed to address (not clear if this is all 91E6 or separate things):

1) Software upgrade for 3G MMI which addresses many of the peformance issues including dark screen/dead MMIs on startup (I had this once, but it fixed itself). They did not mention any Nav db upgrade so I think this is separate and did not happen

2) Software upgrade for the Engine Control unit - unclear what this fixed, though I really do think the car is less "jerky" after restarting from a slow stop

3) They replaced 2 of the rear bulbs from 5W to 3W on some reports of overheating with the larger bulbs

My Location is San Francisco Bay Area. Dealer was Rector Audi in Burlingame.

I'm sure someone here has access to the Audi campaign database and can provide more detailed info...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thingstopay@gmail.com
what does SW mean?
software
Old 08-15-2009, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pcw7w6
I think Database POI update is totally different update and vendor. Update mention above done by audi's software engineers, were navigation update should be done by company outsourced for Audi navigation design and implementation.
For example - NAVTEQ DVD upgrade for 2009 Q7 link
Old 08-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was driving back from Minneapolis to WI yesterday and my engine light came om,

I called International Autos and told them I was coming straight in and to do my 5K oil change at the same time, I drove 200 miles with the light on but got there and I waited 4 1/2 hours for them to do the car,

they changed the oil, the problem was a sensor that detected an engine surge and then they told me there a brand new software update to cure the fault and also to update MMI, that download alone took nearly 2 hours,

it is also supposed to cure the problem with the MMI going blank,

so be prepared to wait awhile unless you can leave the car,

also all the presets for radio disappeared and Nav went back to default although previous destinations were still there, haven't had chance today to look into anything else, if I find anything else I'll post it.

FYI, I have 5800 miles since May.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
I think Database POI update is totally different update and vendor. Update mention above done by audi's software engineers, were navigation update should be done by company outsourced for Audi navigation design and implementation.
For example - NAVTEQ DVD upgrade for 2009 Q7 link
Thanks!!! Isn't Navteq in Garmin units as well? I really wish they would do a major databse update. I would pay a $400 for it if a great update was available.

I set up the appointment for our Audi to get the 5K service done. It's next Saturday. I asked the service guy on the phone if there was a software update available... testing his knowledge.... he said "uhhh I don't know" like I was the one that was stupid for asking. That irritated me. I hope they allot enough time for our car to do the update at the same time.

Do we have to initiate the request for the update or should the service dept do it automatically when we bring the cars in?

Quick Reply: Audi Campaign 91E6 is active for 2009 Q5s - MMI upgrade