TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

How to fix Bose Bass.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to fix Bose Bass.

Has anyone here tried this?

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/view...?f=19&t=139313
Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great tip! Going to try it tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can confirm this definitely works. Ordered a Vag-Com just to do this hack alone. Bass is noticeably louder now, though I'll have to drive around a bit to confirm just how much. Didn't want to blast my stereo and wake up the neighbors this morning.

Now I want to figure out how to do all the other cool hacks, too. Time to search the forums.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What else did you want to "VAG"? I have posted a couple of things.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I found the post on the power windows from the remote. That works great now. Can't believe they keep that function off by default. Who wouldn't want that capability?

I don't know. What else is possible on a 2008 TT 3.2?

I considered shutting off the seatbelt warning, just because once in a while one of my friends will take too long to put it on and it beeps incessantly. But that wasn't a big enough deal for me yet.

Is there any way to adjust the default volume on the stereo? Whenever I turn the car off and then back on, it seems to set the volume really low. I don't want it blasting, but I'd like it a bit louder by default.

And I drove around a bit this afternoon to test out the bass. What a difference. It's not so much more that I'd consider it too much, like some of the people on that UK forum, but it's a very noticeable boost. The Bose system sounds nice and clean; I don't hate it the way most of the people on this forum seem to. I just don't listen to a lot of heavy bass driven music, so most of my recordings ended up sounding a bit thin before. Now, it's much fuller. I'm very pleased with the change.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeciep
I can confirm this definitely works. Ordered a Vag-Com just to do this hack alone. Bass is noticeably louder now, though I'll have to drive around a bit to confirm just how much. Didn't want to blast my stereo and wake up the neighbors this morning.

Now I want to figure out how to do all the other cool hacks, too. Time to search the forums.
What's the correct code for left-hand-drive vehicles? I assume it's different from the UK ones.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I think convenience windows was about all I did to my 08 3.2

I'm sure they deactivate the convenience windows on the North American cars for liability. Some twit would get his kid's arm caught in the window, sue Audi and ruin it for us all.

I have noticed that I have to wait a second longer to unlock the passenger door now that I have convenience windows activated on my TTS. My locks are set to unlock the driver door with one push of the unlock button and to unlock the passenger door with a second push. Before I activated this feature I could just push the unlock button twice in rapid succession to unlock both doors. Now I have to wait a second for that second push or the passenger door doesn't unlock.

The volume level for when you start the car can be adjusted on the stereo. Yours must just be set fairly low, or lower than the volume level that you usually listen to.

I've always been satisfied with the sound of the Bose system as well. I am going to try the "bass increase" fix, but I'm not sure I will leave the car that way.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BMWBig6
What's the correct code for left-hand-drive vehicles? I assume it's different from the UK ones.
Here's a screen shot. I set mine to 8, which is left-hand drive/cloth/diesel. That should be the maximum bass, I think.
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've set both doors to unlock with one press on the remote, so I'm not experiencing the "delay" issue.

Played around a little more today. Decided to shut off the seatbelt warning. I was going to shut off the "beep" noise when I lock/unlock from the remote, because I often come home late at night and wouldn't mind being a bit kinder to my neighbors when I lock the car up, but then again, it is nice to have that audible "beep" to confirm the doors are locked as I'm walking away from the car at other times. So I'm still on the fence with that one.

I tried to set the telephone voice command to UK English, just so I could hear a different accented voice confirmation, but it wouldn't let me. Couldn't set it to German, either. I guess you have to set some other part of the system up for another country before it lets you do that.

It would also be cool to have a British accent or another language on the Nav system. But I couldn't see an option for that anywhere. Are those voice recordings on the DVD itself? I wonder.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeciep
Here's a screen shot. I set mine to 8, which is left-hand drive/cloth/diesel. That should be the maximum bass, I think.
Thanks Joeciep!

Quick Reply: How to fix Bose Bass.