Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Notices

A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
4taz
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 39018

Default Windshield washer fluid leaking...

I changed the water pump checked the hoses, but with no success to prevent the leak. Any idea or similar experince?.
4taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
jefe_not
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 156275

Well mine is also still leaking and I've already replaced the pump. I haven't swapped out all the hoses yet. The fluid appears to drop off of the front driver side corner. Is there a check valve on the nozzles on the front bumper?
jefe_not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
4taz
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is exactly here mine leaks, but i don't think it is the nozzle. I mispoke, I did not change the hoses. I just check them
Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 AM   #4
netxtc
Account #: 103172

Default Probably compression fitting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I changed the water pump checked the hoses

I assume you mean the winshield washer pump? as your post said it was w/w fluid leaking?

When I changed my Timing belt ...front bumper has to come off...there is a line that runs within the bumper for the w/w fluid....and its only compression fittings....I should have gone with my gut and bought clamps and replace those loose fittings....mine leaks near front corner driver side.....probably same issue as yours???

Hope this helps.
netxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
4taz
AudiWorld Senior Member

You got it right. You mean to put clips on the hose tree infront of the headlight washers?.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
ranno randmaa
Account #: 149385

have same problem now, after flushing full tank of badly smelling fluid at once with small pauses both windshield and headlight washers.

replaced headlights washer pump 8 months ago with no problems.

few weeks ago added waterlevel sensor and noticed leakege at headlightwasher pump hose, but not sure it was leak, maybe dropped from sensor hole... but its leaking now left front corner under car.

How you conected hoses after pump replacemant? with some lubricant or just brute force? cleaned both sides before ?

ranno randmaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
GETSOMES4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 145535

I have the same problem, I noticed it was leaking from the driver side headlight washer where the hose goes into the washer itself. Mine started after my car was at a shop and they replaced the headlight washers but forgot to put an O-ring on the nozzle. I put an O-ring and some petroleum jelly around it and pushed the hose all of the way up to meet the bottom of the washer, then put the c-clamp on the hose. No leaks so far. Hope this helps.
GETSOMES4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2002, 99, a4, adding, audi, buttom, car, clip, fluid, hose, leak, leaking, washer, water, windshield