Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

TSB #2013874/3 Creaking/Rattling Panoramic Sunroof

Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Technical Service Bulletin. They are issued by Audi to the dealers when there is a running change to cars through the year.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Technical Service Bulletin. They are issued by Audi to the dealers when there is a running change to cars through the year.
Or a fix for a problem. There is one in the works right now for s problem with the DRL's in the 2010 Q7. Dealers don't have it yet, but it's coming.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wbwynn
I complained about this at my 5000 miles service; dealer noted as per this TSB, "cleaned & lubed sliding lugs of sunroof glass & seals to reduce friction & creaking noises". This worked for my 2008 Q, and I'm pleased that Audi recognized that there was an issue on some Q7's. They test drove my Q and verified the repair.
Been there, done that..TWICE. The dealer finally replaced the entire sunroof housing, tracks, etc. took almost 2 weeks to complete the job as parts that were used were apparently faulty and had to be re ordered. at least we got to drive a brand new Q5 S line as a loaner... overall a nice car, rode a little stiff, but we were happy to get our Q7 back.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB #2013874/3 Creaking/Rattling Panoramic Sunroof

I just brought a 13 Q7 TDI in for rattling interior roof. I mentioned the TSB a couple of times and the tech seemed a bit irritated I brought it up (like I was telling him how to diagnose the car).

Anyway, what is the typical process for addressing a TSB-- are they covered only under warranty?

I've heard horror stories about ripping/repacking the entire headliner and just wonder what I might be in store for and how far/hard to push this...
Old 06-06-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had my Pano sunroof repaired under warranty. The dealer applied performed the TSB, applied new felt (lining), and eventually replaced the frame. The frame was the root cause of the rattle. After the repair - there was additional wind noise coming from the forward glass pane. Dealer re-adjusted the glass pane. The Q7 is now noise free. The frame replacement was 2 days. The glass pane adjustment was 0.5 days. All work was under warranty and was provided a loaner Q7 (frame replacement), Q5 (pane adjustment).
Old 06-07-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. I am at 49600 miles so need to remedy this before I hit the expiration date
I got it back and under warranty they removed the rear glass and replaced that gasket and some clips. It sounded fine for the 10 mile drive home but I'm going to take it on some bumpy roads this weekend and see if it remains quiet. Hoping I don't need the headliner and or frame replaced. Will update this thread if the rattles return.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My understanding is that if the is identified by the dealer for service, or is a return from a previous service for the same issue, then the month/miles doesn't factor as long as the initial claim was made during the warranty period.

Grey
Old 06-08-2016, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by M-avant
I had my Pano sunroof repaired under warranty. The dealer applied performed the TSB, applied new felt (lining), and eventually replaced the frame. The frame was the root cause of the rattle. After the repair - there was additional wind noise coming from the forward glass pane. Dealer re-adjusted the glass pane. The Q7 is now noise free. The frame replacement was 2 days. The glass pane adjustment was 0.5 days. All work was under warranty and was provided a loaner Q7 (frame replacement), Q5 (pane adjustment).
I had the exact same experience with the replacement of the frame and had the glass pane adjustment after I noticed wind noise. It has been good so far (couple weeks since the repair). They made a mess of my headliner with greasy hand prints and broke the air vent on second row pillar. They owned up to it and fixed it.
Old 12-19-2018, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Curious.... Anyone experience the creaking panoramic sunroof sound and had a successful new frame installation without damaging the headliner and min. tolerance of wind noise ?
Reason .. Noticed the creaking sound a few weeks back.
Audi already tried adjusting it and recommended replacing the entire housing.
While the noise is irritating, I an more concerned about removal and replacement will make visual issues with headliner, cause leaks and possible wind noise... Basically, as we all know, sometimes leaving well enough alone can be better then the repair attempt. Or as my better-half said.. " Turn up the radio volume"
Curious to know experiences ... Thanks !
Old 12-19-2018, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
SO TSB are only covered under warranty? I am at 59000 on the dot.
My rear panel Creek's and would love to have our fixed, but not at my expense.
I have considered extended warranty but u have not had issues shop much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TSB #2013874/3 Creaking/Rattling Panoramic Sunroof