You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join AudiWorld.com today!
NEW FEATURE at AudiWorld!!! We now have a fully integrated Wiki!!
Check it out!
For full post editing rights, please reply to this thread. Thanks!
For tips on using the forums please visit the following page: Forum Tips Be sure to check out Threaded View!!!
facebook users, please become a fan of AudiWorld's page
We've gotten complaints about spam/virus Private Messages. Any such messages are completely bogus, and should be ignored completely. Read more here.
Dubs Along the Rockies - Colorado Springs - June 26th
Here is everthing you need to know, and I would love to see some of you guys make it up here to Colorado! By the way, the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is the day before the event, and we will have Revo and APR dealers at the show both chipping and offering show day only discounts!
DATE: June 26th, 2005
Colorado Springs World Arena
3185 Venetucci Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
EVENTS: Car Show, Autocross, Swap Meet, Slow Drags
Spectators/ Parking - Free
Car Show Entry - $5.00
Swap Meet Space - $10.00
Autocross - $35.00
Slow Drags - $2.00 - Free raffle ticket included!
Raffle Tickets - $1.00 each (no limit)
CAR SHOW CLASSES: (there may be a few small tweaks to this):
B5 & up PASSAT
(Quantum, Dasher, B3/4 Passat, Fox, Vans, PICKUP etc.)
Audi - "C" Chassis
Other Audi (pre 98 )
24 total <---
STOCK BEETLE THRU 1957
STOCK BEETLE 1958- 1967
STOCK BEETLE 1968 AND NEWER
RESTORATIONS THRU 1957
RESTORATIONS 1968 AND NEWER
CUSTOM BEETLE THRU 1967
CUSTOM BEETLE 1968 AND NEWER
DAILY DRIVER BEETLE THRU 1967
DAILY DRIVER BEETLE 1968 AND NEWER
CONVERTIBLE BEETLE (ALL YEARS)
OFF ROAD (BAJA AND SANDRAIL INCLUDED)
SPECIAL INT. (Trikes, kit cars not look like bug)
SUPER MODIFIED VW (all years)
"That 70's beetle"
TYPE 2 THRU 1967
TYPE 2 1968 AND NEWER
GHIA (all years)
Porsche aircooled ie. 356/911/912/914
TYPE 181 (THING)
26 total <--
Grand total...50 classes.
These are based on the NASA classification system, and there is a points system (listed below) to accurately classify your car based on mods.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER THE AUTOCROSS!!!
Class A: RESERVED FOR MODIFIED CARS
Class B: Porsche 993 (ALL), 996 Turbo, 959, GT2, GT3
Class D: R32; Porsche 914-6, 928, 944S, 944 Turbo, 944 Turbo S, 968, 964 Carrera 2, 964 Carrera 4; Audi A6 2.7T, S4, TT (225 hp Q), A/S-8
Class E: Audi A6 4.2, , TT(180), VW Corrado SLC, ALL 1.8T(+170hp), Mk3 and Mk4 VW VR6, Audi 5000
Class F: VW 16V, ALL 1.8T(150), Corrado (G-60), VW Quantum (5 cyl), Audi 100/ 200/ 4000, Any aircooled motor over 130 hp
Class G: TDI, 1.7, 1.8L 8-v (All Models), 1800 and larger up to 130hp
Class H: 1700 (Aircooled)
Class I: 1.5, 1.6, , non-turbo Diesel, 1500, 1600 motor (Aircooled)
Class J: VW Bus (all) ***
Modifications and Point Assessments:
If your car equals 15 points you will be bumped up one Class.
There is no point limit - a car with a high level of modifications might move up several classes.
15 thru 29 points - Up ONE Class
30 thru 44 points - Up TWO Classes
45 thru 59 points - Up THREE Classes
60 thru 74 points - Up FOUR Classes
Note: Modifications are not penalized for each (i.e. not +5 for each 80 treadwear tires, not +8 per port for posting a head )
* DOT-approved tires with tread wear 120 and below +5
* Non-DOT approved tires +8
* Wheels and/or tires extend beyond original bodywork +2
* Replacement seat +1
* Gutted interior Front/Rear +2/+2
* Lightweight hood +1
* Lightweight fenders/body panels +1
* Bumpers/Bumper supports +2
* Lexan/Plexiglas +2
* AC removed +1
* Airbags removed +1
* Lightweight or relocated battery +1
* Removal of convertible top and/or frame +1
Note: (Jack, spare tire, trunk carpeting, tools and any related hardware or coverings are free)
* All Wheel Drive +10
* Engine swap Move car to donor's class or +7, whichever is greater
* Increased displacement +5
* Non-OEM forced induction +10
* Air intake system +1
* Cat-back exhaust +1
* Header +2
* Removal of emissions +4
* Performance chip for Naturally Aspirated engine +1
* Performance chip for Turbo engine +4 (cannot be selected with Performance Chip for NA engine)
* Boost controller +4
* Programmable electronics and fuel injection systems +2 NA / +5 Turbo
* Replacement pulleys +1
* Other internal engine modifications +4
* Changed OEM intercooler/downpipe +2
* Changed OEM turbo +3
* Lightweight flywheel or clutch +2
* power steering removal +1
* Final Drive/Ring and pinion change +2
* Add limited slip +3
* Change limited slip +2
* Head Swap. Porting/ Polishing +8
* Performance shocks +1
* Adjustable shocks +4 (Cannot be selected with Performance shocks)
* Performance/Lowering Springs +2
* Threaded Adjustable Spring Perches and springs +3 (Cannot be selected with Performance/Lowering Springs)
* Full coilover suspension +9 (cannot be selected with other spring/shock combinations)
* Changed/Added anti-sway bars +2
* Camber plates/bolts/arms +2
* Relocated suspension mount points +8
* Performance brake pads +1
* Big Brake Kit (includes any caliper or rotor size change) +3
TIME TRIAL-ONLY PENALTIES:
Aerodynamic aids, active or otherwise, will be penalized at the discretion of the officials at +2 per item. Corrado active spoilers are not considered an aid
Safety standards and technical inspection criteria will be posted soon!
* A minimum of 40 entrants is required to hold the event
** For simplicity purposes ALL cars are assumed to be 2WD except for the UrS4 and R32
which have no factory 2WD option.
*** All Busses will be required to pass a special safety inspection due to the size and build of the chassis.
Daily driven 95.5 RS2'd UrS6 - now over 200k!
Cost: $35.00 per driver
5 runs per car broken down into 2 heats
60 entrants will be allowed to race*
Open to all VW's, Audis and Porsche's
Swing axle vehicles MUST have limiting straps
Numbers must be provided by the entrant
Helmets must be provided by the entrant and are required
Never heard of slow drags?
The idea is to be the last one across the line over a 50m distance.
The rear wheels must pass the start line within 5 seconds of the fronts and you can only travel in a straight line. Your engine idle is the only means of propulsion - clutch fully released, no braking and no tire deflating is allowed.
You must also be able to cross over a modified 2x4 to prove that the car has adequate power to complete the course (an anti-cheating measure)
This will be a single elimination "tournament style" bracket, and you ARE allowed to run the course in reverse.
Daily driven 95.5 RS2'd UrS6 - now over 200k!