Buying CPO vs not CPO

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying CPO vs not CPO

I've been looking for an 2010 A6 for a little while and wanted to know if buying a CPO car from an Audi dealer was worth the extra grand or two over a non-CPO car from a used car (or non-Audi) dealer.

Also, when it comes to Audi and used car dealers in Chicago, do you have any favorites or places I should avoid?
This will be my first Audi & any advice would be appreciated.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattazuma
I've been looking for an 2010 A6 for a little while and wanted to know if buying a CPO car from an Audi dealer was worth the extra grand or two over a non-CPO car from a used car (or non-Audi) dealer.
Yes.

Welcome aboard!
Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you new to German cars? If so, I would buy a CPO Audi first. Get your feet wet with it. They can be touchy and expensive to fix so you might as well try and protect your wallet the best you can. One repair alone could wipe out what you save by buying a non CPO. Also ask yourself how handy are you and can you work on this car yourself for minor things. Keeping in mind your best friend will be a Vag-Com to run codes which is not on the cheap side, but well worth it. My first was a 2004 A6 I bought in 07. CPO and all and it saved me some money. However it does not cover as much as I would hope. My CV boots broke and neither were covered by the CPO.

I personally do not know much on the C6 body A6. What I would strongly suggest is do a search on the forums. See what people complain about the most. Pick their brains. Depending on what issues you see, check with the dealer to see is CPO would protect you or not. There will be a ton of info for that body style since it has been around since 2005. It will give you a great picture of long term ownership.

As far as dealers in the area, I deal with Continental Audi in Naperville. Rob in sales is great to talk to. The service consutlants are real cool over there too. Fellow enthusiasts so I always enjoy their time and info.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've had V8 Lexus cars for the past 14 years, so I know a little about expensive repairs. Although Lexus cars really don't need a lot of servicing.

I don't live somewhere where I can work on a car, so I'm stuck going to a shop for everything.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Mattazuma
I've had V8 Lexus cars for the past 14 years, so I know a little about expensive repairs. Although Lexus cars really don't need a lot of servicing.

I don't live somewhere where I can work on a car, so I'm stuck going to a shop for everything.
I have a little room to do simple things on my car, but little else. I went CPO for my first Audi this January after reading some reviews and experiences. However, I went with the 2011 (A4 Avant) rather than the 2010 - according to Consumer Reports, they were still working out some kinks from the 2009 redesign in 2010.

I haven't had the car long enough to need any of the CPO benefits other than the free 3 months of SiriusXM.