AAH rebuild parts

Old 05-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAH rebuild parts

Anyone know a good place to order parts to rebuild the motor completely? Pistons, rings bearings... I've been lookin but can't find anything.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Got all my stuff from Pelican parts. Are you looking ti upgrade your pistons for a different compression? If not than there's no reason to replace then unless they gauge out of round. Pretty expensive too.

If so, JE pistons.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bryans12v
Got all my stuff from Pelican parts. Are you looking ti upgrade your pistons for a different compression? If not than there's no reason to replace then unless they gauge out of round. Pretty expensive too.

If so, JE pistons.

I don't know yet. I haven't torn into my motor yet. I've got 355,000 miles on it. I don't know if ill have to bore it put or not. I just want to make sure all parts are available before I start. We're you happy with the quality of parts from pelican?
Old 05-10-2013, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

[QUOTE=browalke; I've got 355,000 miles on it. [/QUOTE]
holly ****ing ****! i think you win the high mlg club =)
Old 05-11-2013, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh yeah. Most of their stuff is oem. When you get it apart the heads should be resurfaced and cleaned by a machined shop. They'll also check the valve guides and install new seals. You will also want to gauge the cylinder walls about 1 in from the top and bottom and the pistons. That will tell you everything you need to know. Don't take block measurments with the block on a stand.

Plasti-gauge all bearings. If you do tear it open, i can give you every tolerance. Definitely want new rings and to hone/deglaze your cylinder walls.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
holly ****ing ****! i think you win the high mlg club =)
Original owner, original clutch, motor has never been touched. Still avg. 30mpg too
Old 05-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Bryans12v
Oh yeah. Most of their stuff is oem. When you get it apart the heads should be resurfaced and cleaned by a machined shop. They'll also check the valve guides and install new seals. You will also want to gauge the cylinder walls about 1 in from the top and bottom and the pistons. That will tell you everything you need to know. Don't take block measurments with the block on a stand.

Plasti-gauge all bearings. If you do tear it open, i can give you every tolerance. Definitely want new rings and to hone/deglaze your cylinder walls.
Ya I honestly don't think the motor is in that bad of shape. I would like to find performance camshafts, So far 2bennett is the only place I can find one and there is a bit extreme it sounds like. I don't want a rough idle just a few extra hp. My goal is to break 200 bhp. With 034 chip and the bored throttle body and an exhaust I don't think that should be too hard.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

dorn man, i wish i was that lucky :-)
cams: http://www.eurospecsport.com/product.../camshafts.htm
i get about 19mpg in town and about 25-26 on highway. i sued to be able to get 30-32, but something changed and the MPG's started sucking, no idea what :-(
top end was rebuilt, heads ported on the intake side. vaps velocity staked airbox, converted MAS with post delete. ill try replacing the cats sometime soon, maybe that will help :-S i know they rattle
Old 05-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CRAZY_RUSSIAN
dorn man, i wish i was that lucky :-)
cams: http://www.eurospecsport.com/product.../camshafts.htm
i get about 19mpg in town and about 25-26 on highway. i sued to be able to get 30-32, but something changed and the MPG's started sucking, no idea what :-(
top end was rebuilt, heads ported on the intake side. vaps velocity staked airbox, converted MAS with post delete. ill try replacing the cats sometime soon, maybe that will help :-S i know they rattle
Just the website I have been looking for. thank you!!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

you welcome, if you get them, let me know how they work out. im very interested :-)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AAH rebuild parts