A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

05 and door blades warping pretty bad

Old 04-08-2014, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default 05 and door blades warping pretty bad

I searched and could not find much info. What have you guys done? Mine are getting pretty bad. I know the steel attachment is rusting and swelling, warping the plastic blade outward. Just replace with factory or are there cheaper/better aftermarket blades available?

Don't like the S6 blades, plus it only sounds like the aftermarket E-bay ones just glue on. Want to just replace with factory but not if they do the warping trick again.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First thing you wanna try is see if your local Audi dealer will cover it as part of the rust warranty.
Else, you're kinda just stuck replacing them with OEM, I believe.
Mine are warping too but I don't feel like spending 1k to replace stupid door blades.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I have discussed the problem with my dealer and they are going to be replacing mine under the rust warranty.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

above posts are right

do a search with my name + blades .. u will find results w pics

recently seen some aftermarket blades on ebay
of course unpainted
seems like good quality
prices have come really down

they are not easily found used bc part shops like to sell the door as one piece and dont like removing them to sell seperate
Old 04-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I have discussed the problem with my dealer and they are going to be replacing mine under the rust warranty.
WHAT!!!!??? do u have a quote for it? when i went to my dealer and spoke to service manager he said audi wouldnt cover it. he told me that its not the sheet metal its the plastic rusting. what did u do or say to convince him?
Old 04-10-2014, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
What magical words did you say?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AFrancis
WHAT!!!!??? do u have a quote for it? when i went to my dealer and spoke to service manager he said audi wouldnt cover it. he told me that its not the sheet metal its the plastic rusting. what did u do or say to convince him?
The service manager actually said it's the plastic "rusting"? That is bizarre. Plastic doesn't rust. It gets brittle over time and cracks. I would go somewhere else. He is obviously not being honest.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i'm glad rescued my car from this....by every now and then remove the blades and clean and rust protect the paint under every year.. =O)
though up here were i live...cars dont get rust easily.. =)
Old 04-10-2014, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by enoch861
What magical words did you say?
I don't know what magic words I may have used. I simply walked in and said the blades were warping and I suspected that the brackets behind it must be rusting. When I spoke to the service rep later in the day they said Audi was going to take care of it under warranty. I guess Audi may have stepped up because I have been going to the same dealer for 9 years and treat the staff to Dunkin Donuts every time I drop off the car. As I think about Audi just replaced a $1,300 adaptive headlight for free telling me that Audi was covering it under warranty. So I guess the magic words may be Good Morning here are your $20 worth of free donuts. LOL!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Dealer told me the blades would NOT be covered under rust warranty.

He claims he's tried it in the past and been shot down from Audi.

New blades and stainless screws, painted from the dealer ready to install are $1107. And that is not installed

Are the E-Bay ones any good? And do they slide in and bolt right up?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 and door blades warping pretty bad