Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Just got a 2011

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a 2011

With prestige, s-line, and luxury package. 3.2 Quattro

30k miles for 35k

MMI didn't work but dealer is taking care if it

I just read about the carbon build up issue and wondering whether I made a mistake. Any 3.2 owners out there with long term experience?

Love the car so far
Old 01-14-2014, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audivkk
With prestige, s-line, and luxury package. 3.2 Quattro

30k miles for 35k

MMI didn't work but dealer is taking care if it

I just read about the carbon build up issue and wondering whether I made a mistake. Any 3.2 owners out there with long term experience?

Love the car so far
3.2 2010
No Problems here

BCD-1
Old 01-14-2014, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the car. Don't let everything you read on forums be a killjoy. Many have over 100K with no issues. We have 80K on our 3.2 Q with only the water pump issue early in ownership.

Besides, there is a 10 year/120k mile warranty on carbon build-up, but the car must throw a CEL for it.

I got a letter for extended warranty on 3.0 S5 as well as 3.2 Q for carbon buildup. And many with the 2.0T have issues with oil consumption.

Just do common sense stuff like limiting idling, using top tier gas and good long highway driving occasionally and you'll be fine.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmariorod
Enjoy the car. Don't let everything you read on forums be a killjoy. Many have over 100K with no issues. We have 80K on our 3.2 Q with only the water pump issue early in ownership.

Besides, there is a 10 year/120k mile warranty on carbon build-up, but the car must throw a CEL for it.

I got a letter for extended warranty on 3.0 S5 as well as 3.2 Q for carbon buildup. And many with the 2.0T have issues with oil consumption.

Just do common sense stuff like limiting idling, using top tier gas and good long highway driving occasionally and you'll be fine.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I did t know about the extended warranty. That's good to know!

As an A4 owner from some years ago, it's nice to have an Audi again!
Old 01-14-2014, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy your new-to-you ride.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dustin Fennell
Congrats! Enjoy your new-to-you ride.
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

128,000 miles and no problems. Still love my car like the day i bought it.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

68,000 miles and runs like new, very quiet and smooth.

Enjoy your car, just take good care of it!
Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys. Wrt taking care what do you do?

I lucked out on my car. I went to the original dealer to get all the service records ( I bought the car from a BMW dealer ). They told me that there was prepaid audi care on the car with two remaining services and 10 months of warranty left. I plan to do an oil change very 5k regardless.

Is it worth getting audi care plus for the remaining miles? Does it cover things like timing belt etc?

Also a few things were missing that I know of from reading the forums. The racks, which I've ordered from eBay. I've read of a plastic key. What is it and is it needed? Should I have the dealer get me one?
Old 01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audivkk
Thanks guys. Wrt taking care what do you do?

I lucked out on my car. I went to the original dealer to get all the service records ( I bought the car from a BMW dealer ). They told me that there was prepaid audi care on the car with two remaining services and 10 months of warranty left. I plan to do an oil change very 5k regardless.

Is it worth getting audi care plus for the remaining miles? Does it cover things like timing belt etc?

Also a few things were missing that I know of from reading the forums. The racks, which I've ordered from eBay. I've read of a plastic key. What is it and is it needed? Should I have the dealer get me one?
The plastic key is for emergencies. Unless you plan on losing both of your key fobs, I don't think you'll need it. I've had several, both Audi & BMW, and have never used them. (I still have the BMW one, a leased Z3 that my wife returned without it. The dealer didn't care, so it's a keepsake now.)

Quick Reply: Just got a 2011