S6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi S6 produced from 2012 - 2017

Ash Tray?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a physician as well but I find that people respond more favorably to saying that the best thing you can do for yourself and your future health is to quit smoking ( as well as address other health problems). I really don't think that anyone in this day and age believes that smoking is not directly responsible for COPD and lung cancer. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I would like to at least see the cigarette lighter and ash tray offered as a option.

The lighter socket can be used as a power outlet and the circuit is usually on a 20 amp fuse. Plenty of power in a central location. The ash tray can be modified to conceal switches or other devices.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I would like to at least see the cigarette lighter and ash tray offered as a option.

The lighter socket can be used as a power outlet and the circuit is usually on a 20 amp fuse. Plenty of power in a central location. The ash tray can be modified to conceal switches or other devices.
I agree. Put in a removable ashtray but give us a power supply that isn't in the center console.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

As a cardiothoracic surgeon, I am in favor of smoking. It keeps me in business and able to purchase more Audis.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by tenspeed

Agreed - a "power outlet and coin tray" combination would be fantastic. I would actually like the part #s the O/P got from his dealer... and ideally a photo of the installed setup...

It's a bit scary that swapping the parts was a 2hr job though.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
I am a physician as well but I find that people respond more favorably to saying that the best thing you can do for yourself and your future health is to quit smoking ( as well as address other health problems). I really don't think that anyone in this day and age believes that smoking is not directly responsible for COPD and lung cancer. Just my 2 cents.
Well, I'm a cardiologist and this thread isn't about smoking at all; it is about a convenient front centrally located 12 volt power supply for radar detectors and Go-Pro, etc. I also feel that Audi should have informed us that it was not available at time of purchase; even my salesperson was surprised when I told her it wasn't there!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rickymp
Well, I'm a cardiologist and this thread isn't about smoking at all; it is about a convenient front centrally located 12 volt power supply for radar detectors and Go-Pro, etc. I also feel that Audi should have informed us that it was not available at time of purchase; even my salesperson was surprised when I told her it wasn't there!
I know where the 12v receptacles are. They're sitting in a German warehouse with all the first aid kits, triangle warning reflectors, cargo nets, ski bags and oil dipsticks that Audi also forgot to give us.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ditto

I'm a physician and medical researcher. I wrote that lack of an ash tray was a safety feature. I meant that stopping smoking or not ever smoking really saves lives. I'd be curious to know how it compares to wearing seatbelts in reducing mortality and morbidity. Radar detectors are a very different issue! Distracting, but worthwhile for certain driving styles
Old 01-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there,

I will try to look for the part number tomorrow on the invoice. Audi did not reimburse. As a remind the cigarette lighter does not work without additional wiring. I will take a photo tomorrow, but it looks exactly as you would expect it to. If the cigarette lighter worked, people would not even know it was put in aftermarket.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by davideisenva
I will try to look for the part number tomorrow on the invoice. Audi did not reimburse. As a remind the cigarette lighter does not work without additional wiring. I will take a photo tomorrow, but it looks exactly as you would expect it to. If the cigarette lighter worked, people would not even know it was put in aftermarket.
Thanks! Yeah, I'd probably wire the plug in if I did it Not surprised AoA wouldn't pay up - even if you'd thrown a fit beforehand I doubt they would have approved the retrofit.

Quick Reply: Ash Tray?