TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Whats your story about how you came to love your TT - Please Share

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same here..well kind of...kind of long

Well I knew about the TT since it was made and I thought of it like an exotic. I was in Canada most of my life and to tell you the truth I only remember seeing a couple when they first came out. The first time I knew i wanted one was when it when speeding through a downtown street. It sounded so good must of had and exhuast. But that was maybe 4 years go. Anyways I never to see one up close till i was almost 20 (2 years ago) in front of a polo store and i remember being shocked like nothing before. I thought it was the MOST beautiful car in the world. I never had my own car till I was 19 and it was a saturn with 300K on it. I love that car and I was very happy with it. Then my parents told me it was to dangerous to drive. It might of been. Anyways one day they got sold it for $50 behind my back and said they will get me an older audi around $10. I said no. I wanted my car back. Anyways i was looking at a older A4 and then I remember asking the used car dealer how much a TT with high miles would be, never thinking I could get one. Not in my wildest dreams on drugs. So then my parents said yes and I tracked one down a year later at a good price i thought (20k with 30k a year ago)

Thats my story and I am sticking to it. I love my car but I love my parents even more and I hope that I am recipracting enough for their great gesture. And one day plan to buy them their dream car.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:50 PM

Default Looking for a new car, my Lexus IS300 was totaled when...

a guy turned left in front of me. My girlfriend mentioned the TT because I allways pointed them out when I saw them... I had always just assumed I couldn't afford it so the option never crossed my mind until I looked at the prices and found that not the case. The search began for a B.Black 225. 2 Weeks to find it then 3 days to get paperwork stright at my Credit Union. Still in love a year later
Old 02-15-2006, 06:28 PM

Default they are snow tires on steelies, w/plastic wheel covers, that's all>>>

not some super-cheap entry level wheel! Putting snows on cars is a lot mroe common in Germany than it is here, because all-season tires are not common.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:17 PM

Default When I saw the press photos for the Roadster in early '99 - Audi did a photo shoot in Iceland>

to introduce the car. I wasn't even a convertible guy, but I saw that silver, no spoiler Roadster with black top and six-spokers, and I sat up and took notice. The coupe was OK, but left me a ilttle cold. when I saw those cars against the Icelandic backdrops I said "whoa, I gotta have that." I was in Germany then and it wasn't too much longer before I got to see them in the flesh, which just made me want to drive them, hoping it was anything like as good as it was to look at. It was, and though it was another 18 months or so before I was ready to do the deal, the obsession began in earnest, and I knew it was only going to go one way.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:31 PM

Default was shopping for boxster/ s..

s2k out coz its honda..
then this is the only TT i saw, I bought it right away just because of the baseball seat, glass rear window, and quattro. bye boxster s.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was ready to get my 1st reward car (replacing my 1994 Civic DX coupe)...>>

And what I really wanted was a Nogaro Blue S4. Well, even though I am only about 6'1", I am really tell in the torso and it turns out I don't fit in a stock S4. After battling with all kinds of sales dweebs who really wanted to sell me a stock S4, I finally found one who let on that I could order one with manual seats and no sunroof, netting about 3" of extra headroom. All I needed to do was drop 10% and wait a year.
Needless to say I went to the Seattle International auto show to find another ride that fit me. I ended up sitting in a TT on a whim and was blown away by the amount of headroom inside after getting situated. In fact, the TT is the 2nd most comfortable car I had sat in up to that point.
I quickly found that TT's were very scarce (fall of 2000) and I was looking at another case of pay a premium and wait for a 225 quattro. Rather than do that, I mapped out every Audi dealer in the country and started calling down on them to see what they had.
I hit pay dirt at Steve Hahn Audi in Yakima, WA. They had ordered a Denim Blue 225 Quattro with the premium package and nav. I wasn't interested in nav so the nice sales guy subtracted $1100 off msrp and we made the deal right over the phone. The next week, my brother drove me over over the mountains in his new A4 1.8T and we picked it up. At that point, other than the car show car, I had never driven a TT or even heard the motor running. That drive back over the mountains was a total blast!
My ex-wife was so jealous of that car it eventually led to an ugly divorce but in the end, I kept the TT and the kids and the house, and my shiny new wife totally supports my silly car fetish. Now that the warranty is up, I finally will install all the mods I have been storing up for three years and enjoy a whole new car. We will never sell the TT, well...unless it's for a 993 Targa or a 360 Modena.....)
Old 02-15-2006, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Wanted to replace my old A4....still young so a 2+2 is idea for me...

I really needed a 4 wheel drive car as it would be my daily driver and Im a skier. When I saw the Avus silver with red interior I damn near **** myself. Now Im blessed to have an A4 to rip in bad weather...best of both worlds.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Dang keyboard....anyway, here's my story

My dad works for Sun Development...they have somewhere abouts 30 hotels between Mississippi and Indiana. He supervises construction mostly, and at the time, the only one being built was in Indianapolis. So one week, he took me and my brother up there to help for a week. We stayed at the boss' house in the city. It had about 10 bedrooms, 2 stories with a giant basement with a drop down projection screen and amazing surround sound. There was a 5 car garage. At the time, I was not into cars at all....I was 14. The first thing I saw upon entering the garage was a brand new silver TT. He had it locked, so all I could do was admire from outside. I immediately began to equate the words "rich" with "TT". I saw maybe 2 between then and when I turned 20. I wanted a BMW 3 series for awhile until I saw a big cover article on the TT in some newspaper. My girlfriend goes "Now that's a sexy car." I immediately assumed...no, I can't get that, it's too expensive. Once I saw the going price for a used 225, I was all over it. About 4 months later, I got a whim to call the Audi dealership in Mobile. They had 2 in stock. A black 2002 225QC, and a red 2001 225QC. I had never wanted a red car. I thought they were ridiculous and a cry for attention....that all changed when I saw mine. I walked in there saying "No more than $20k." After I drove it, I didn't even want to see the black one. We went in and negotiated a trade in and they let it go for $25k. I've had it for about 8 months now, and I still turn around to look at it on the way into work. This is my 4th car in 5 years, and the first that I've truly loved everything about and have not even the first intention on getting rid of.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Woke up one morning and decided after owning 2 heavy/slow A4's in a row..

it was time to get an Audi that was faster
(out of the box), smaller, and sportier. The TT was the obvious choice, no A3's out at this time, nor would I have opted to get one anyways. I wanted to get away from the traditional GTI hatchback look anyhow.

The TT was the perfect balance for me and what I wanted; German, AWD, coupe, small, sporty, affordable price range, and a head-turner since there aren't that many on the roads. I literally checked the online ads for a TTQC the morning I decided I wanted one and bought it that same afternoon without a second of hesitation. It was also the first day on the job for my sales rep, not to mention I was her very first customer. Needless to say I made her day. Buying the TT was the best spur of the moment decision I ever made. =)
Old 02-15-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Simple >>

I saw a desert green one on the road in my town one day and had absolutely no idea what it was. I loved it. Looked unlike any other car I've ever seen. It was such a unique look. It was different, something that I certaintly didn't see on the road every day. So I eventually found out what it was. And in 2001, I went to test drive a couple of them. Took out a silver 180 first, then a silver 225. I used to have a Mustang with about 260ish hp so the more power the better. But I found out that both cars were a little costly for me. So I dreamed...

In September of 2003, two years after I first drove a TT, the Mustang caught fire, and the TT was the only car I really cared to own, I still couldn't afford a new one, but I came across a Denim Blue 2001 225 that I've been loving for over two years now

Quick Reply: Whats your story about how you came to love your TT - Please Share