A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

ABS Module to MM now No Power Steering, No Speedometer & CEL, normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ABS Module to MM now No Power Steering, No Speedometer & CEL, normal?

A few years back I sent my ABS module to MM for repairs and was very pleased with the service. Unfortunately the ABS problem came back and just removed the module again to send it to MM for warranty work. The 1st time I removed the module I did not know how to remove just the module so I drained and removed the pump with module. Obviously during that period I did not drive the car. This time I removed just the module thanks to the video on this forum. I have read that there is no problem driving the car without the module and all I should get is all the ABS related lights which I already had but my experience is a little different. Here is what I got along with the ABS lights, lost power steering, No speedometer and got a Check Engine Light is this normal? I don't think the removal of the module would affect those component but not entirely sure. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

That should not be the case at all. I think there's some other issue that occurring that's causing your speedometer, CEL, etc...

Do you have a vag-com to see if there's any issues which present themselves.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my module but did not drive it while it was removed. I removed it without removing the pump. When I did that I did read anothe member saying that all that is normal while driving it with the module removed. I'll try and find the post...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Read this. Post #45

Ha!... Just realized Juju that you are in the thread as well
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ericA6
Read this. Post #45

Ha!... Just realized Juju that you are in the thread as well
I stand corrected...I suppose removing that module does light up the dash akin to a Christmas tree
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raj99
I stand corrected...I suppose removing that module does light up the dash akin to a Christmas tree
No worries Raj... you've contributed way more than I have.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I will scan today and see what I get.

Thanks for your input but just wanted to make sure the other issues are not related to the ABS module removal, sounds like it is not. The thing is that all of the described issues started right after module removal. Oh, forgot to mention that I also got the headlight motors warning light too. Very weird but I will see what I get when I scan it later on.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jujuC6
Thanks for your input but just wanted to make sure the other issues are not related to the ABS module removal, sounds like it is not. The thing is that all of the described issues started right after module removal. Oh, forgot to mention that I also got the headlight motors warning light too. Very weird but I will see what I get when I scan it later on.
Confused..... All of the issues mentioned in the OP is directly related to the ABS module not being in the car while it is being used. The headlight motors is a different issue (as far as I know)
Old 04-24-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ericA6
Confused..... All of the issues mentioned in the OP is directly related to the ABS module not being in the car while it is being used. The headlight motors is a different issue (as far as I know)
Thanks for the input. Have not had a chance to scan yet but today I got a new one. If I Mat it, the gas gauge drops and I get the low gas light. Once I ease off the gauge goes back to normal and everything is normal as far as the gas situation is concerned, weird. Can't wait to get the module back.

Last edited by jujuC6; 04-24-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jujuC6
Thanks for the input. Have not had a chance to scan yet but today I got a new one. If I Mat it, the gas gauge drops and I get the low gas light. Once I ease off the gauge goes back to normal and everything is normal as far as the gas situation is concerned, weird. Can't wait to get the module back.
Does the car stall or are the RPM's affected? Or is it just the gas guage that is affected? If its just the gauge then I would wait for the module to come back and see if it returns to normal once it's back in.

Quick Reply: ABS Module to MM now No Power Steering, No Speedometer & CEL, normal?