Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ever opened up the Q5 door panels? (Speaker buzz)

Old 01-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ever opened up the Q5 door panels? (Speaker buzz)

Greetings,

Anyone here ever opened up their Q5's door paneling? Specifically the front passenger door, but I suppose all should be somewhat similar.

The lower woofer in the passenger door is buzzing. Following some advice from other forum users, I tapped on the speaker cover to see if I could dislodge some loose piece of debris or whatnot, but that seems to have made it worse. It's pretty clear that the speaker needs replacement.

I'd like to look at it myself, though, 'cuz I'm concerned my dealer will charge me $hundreds to replace it. Anyone successfully opened/closed up their door panels without breaking clips or anything?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bwalter
Greetings,

Anyone here ever opened up their Q5's door paneling? Specifically the front passenger door, but I suppose all should be somewhat similar.

The lower woofer in the passenger door is buzzing. Following some advice from other forum users, I tapped on the speaker cover to see if I could dislodge some loose piece of debris or whatnot, but that seems to have made it worse. It's pretty clear that the speaker needs replacement.

I'd like to look at it myself, though, 'cuz I'm concerned my dealer will charge me $hundreds to replace it. Anyone successfully opened/closed up their door panels without breaking clips or anything?
here you go. I think my tweeters are going out

http://www.audienthusiasts.com/Project_Tweeter.html
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bwalter
Greetings,

Seems to me a good mobile audio shop should be able to help you out. They might replace drivers in both doors with better ones to improve your sound.