Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

S-Line Grille option for the Q5

Old 01-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-Line Grille option for the Q5

I've seen a lot of people asking about the S-Line Grille, I too love the look of it versus the standard grille on the Q5. I wanted the S-Line, but didn't want to be locked into the Black interior. I called the dealership the other day and asked if the grilles were interchangable...yup, same bolt pattern and size/shape. So for $595CAD I am having the dealership install it for me when I collect my vehicle in June 2010...yeah, I have to wait patiently too! lol.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is that an exchange or do you keep the old one?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Is that an exchange or do you keep the old one?
They asked if I wanted to keep the old one incase something happens to the S-Line Grille, I can always change it back. So I am getting the original in the box at delivery.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ahh, good to know that it is interchangable. I'll wait until someone cracks my grille, like they did with my A4 Avant.

Anyone knows the part # for the Sline front grille?

Last edited by Ed@mtl; 01-10-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CanadianQ5Premium
.... I called the dealership the other day and asked if the grilles were interchangable...yup, same bolt pattern and size/shape. So for $595CAD I am having the dealership install it for me when I collect my vehicle in June 2010...yeah, I have to wait patiently too! lol.

Man this a another example how some Audi dealers seems to have no idea what they are talking about as I remember seeing similar post somewhere and poster was wondering does S-grill fit to normal and his dealer said no because S-line bumber is 3 piece and they said normal is one piece.

I didn't believe those would be that much different so I even took off my grill top cover and planned to take off mine to see how it works, well once I took to cover off I saw the grill mounting bolts going against the vehicle frame so it meant bumber skin have to come off and I gave up that night and rather have some sleep
Old 01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kleinbus
Man this a another example how some Audi dealers seems to have no idea what they are talking about as I remember seeing similar post somewhere and poster was wondering does S-grill fit to normal and his dealer said no because S-line bumber is 3 piece and they said normal is one piece.

I didn't believe those would be that much different so I even took off my grill top cover and planned to take off mine to see how it works, well once I took to cover off I saw the grill mounting bolts going against the vehicle frame so it meant bumber skin have to come off and I gave up that night and rather have some sleep
As far as I know from further investigations, the grill is a completely seperate piece that has the same inset shape as the normal Q5 and the S-line bumpers. I think the bumper housing has to come off to install the S-Line, however it can be done at a dealership level. The bolt patterns are the same for both models, now I wonder if I can change the rear bumper piece around the exhausts????
Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CanadianQ5Premium
now I wonder if I can change the rear bumper piece around the exhausts????
These guys have the rear S-Line bumper package for $655 and the S-line grill kit for $340.

http://www.europrice.us/
Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just wished that there would be an option to have this "s-line" grille look without going for the whole package when you order the Q5. I love the "s-line" grille, but then I don't want to spend close to $3000 USD to get the rest of the package, which is nice but not really necessary for me. To be honest, I'd rather have the wood trim inside, than the aluminum trim... this is weird coming from me because usually I am not a wood trim fan at all, but somehow it works beautifully with the Q5 interior, "warming" it up tremendously.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe
These guys have the rear S-Line bumper package for $655 and the S-line grill kit for $340.

http://www.europrice.us/
Yes I saw their site, but no one I've spoken with has done business with them and I'm scared to be the first lol. By the time you factor in the fees, exchange, brokerage, duty and any other costs the Canadian government decide to collect, it works out about the same regarding the front grille. If anyone has used Europrice, please let me know how it went and the quality of the parts.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by wanderer1980
I just wished that there would be an option to have this "s-line" grille look without going for the whole package when you order the Q5. I love the "s-line" grille, but then I don't want to spend close to $3000 USD to get the rest of the package, which is nice but not really necessary for me. To be honest, I'd rather have the wood trim inside, than the aluminum trim... this is weird coming from me because usually I am not a wood trim fan at all, but somehow it works beautifully with the Q5 interior, "warming" it up tremendously.
Ask your local Audi dealership to order a install an S-Line grille on your Q5, it cost me just under $600CAD. I think it's totally worth it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S-Line Grille option for the Q5