Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
I guess we have different opinions about the S2Forum. What maybe you don't know is they have an option (which I use) to reverse the colours from white text on dark background to black text on light background. I have been on that forum since 2007 (before the AW switch to vBulletin in March 2009) and trust me (you won't) it is a much easier format to work with than AW. But I know you IB guys know what's best for us, the users.
Changing the background to white would help as people with astigmatism (50% of the population including me) have trouble with white text on black backgrounds. Still, I think the other site is too busy but obviously, as you wrote, we see it differently.
BTW, I'm not an IB or AW employee - I'm an AW volunteer mod who, like you, has been a member since 2001. I don't make policy, I just help out to herd the forum cats.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

LOL.. Been a long day. =)
Old 04-17-2014, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

From a UI perspective, here are my thoughts on the new format. BTW, I'm a big fan of change, but not just change for the sake of it:

Cons:
text is more difficult to read - font default for drop-downs, etc...
color contrast is 'off' and needs to be more subtle
text size is smaller

Pros:
similar to last UI, but is that really a pro?

honestly, the change appears to be strictly from a visual perspective and did not make it any easier to use for the end-user. However, the changes made on the mobile site have increased the value of the forum GREATLY!
Old 04-17-2014, 11:13 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We appreciate the continued feedback! We're taking all your suggestions into consideration, and are currently updating the main navigation bar to make it easier to read. I'll let you guys know when this change rolls out.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When are you guys going to get on tapatalk? I would love to be able to read the forums on my phone using that app.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Admin Permission to post to classifieds?

Hi, I've been dormant for a while, but was wondering if I need to be approved to post to the classifieds now? Can't seem to be able to create a post there. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Before the change if I opened a thread that had more than one message, the latest one was on top and the oldest one on the bottom. Now it is the other way, the oldest is on top and I have to scroll all the way down to find the latest. Can I change it back to the way it used to be?

Last edited by fkaufman; 04-17-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:09 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ASN21
When are you guys going to get on tapatalk? I would love to be able to read the forums on my phone using that app.
We don't have plans to integrate with Tapatalk at this time, but we do offer two different ways to view AudiWorld on mobile devices. The first is to simply visit https://forums.audiworld.com from your device's built-in browser, which will automatically direct you to our newly redesigned mobile website. Alternatively, if you prefer using an app, you can download the IB AutoGroup app from the iOS App Store or Google's Play Store to get access to AudiWorld and rest of the sites in the Internet Brands network.

Originally Posted by BrunS4
Hi, I've been dormant for a while, but was wondering if I need to be approved to post to the classifieds now? Can't seem to be able to create a post there. Any help is appreciated.
You should now be able to post in the Classifieds section without any issue. If you continue to see an error message, please copy-and-paste the error into a PM to me and I'll be happy to further investigate.

Originally Posted by fkaufman
Before the change if I opened a thread that had more than one message, the latest one was on top and the oldest one on the bottom. Now it is the other way, the oldest is on top and I have to scroll all the way down to find the latest. Can I change it back to the way it used to be?
Please double check that your Thread Display Mode is set to "Linear - Newest First". To view and change this setting, go to your User CP and select "Edit Options" from the left-hand menu. The Thread Display Mode menu is about halfway down the page and looks like this:

Attachment 104122
Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by IB Jason

Please double check that your Thread Display Mode is set to "Linear - Newest First". To view and change this setting, go to your User CP and select "Edit Options" from the left-hand menu. The Thread Display Mode menu is about halfway down the page and looks like this:

This is not working right. In the A7 forum, the thread "Let's get low with H&R. Spring Fling starts now, at AWE Tuning." displays oldest first while the thread "A7 Exclusive Color On The Way!" displays newest first with the same Thread Display Mode setting!

Frank

Last edited by fkaufman; 04-18-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by IB Jason

I have done further checking. Gone into other forums and looked at different threads. Some display oldest first, some newest first, could not find any consistency so far.

By the way, how are the rankings that show below one's id on the left side (Newcomer, Member, Senior Member etc.) arrived to? Is it automatic based on number of posts or is it manually assigned by moderators or some other methodology?

Frank

Quick Reply: Introducing the new AudiWorld Forums!