Got to tear up the new BMW 335i twin turbos yesterday at Autobahn. We had a group out there

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man, if his job isn't 'real' and he has the car collection he has, my job is total ****.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

word
Old 11-13-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Re: BMW 335i Coupe - problems

As a follow up to the problems. The fuel pump was replaced, however other parts were put on order for several recalls. In the mean time, the dashboard is lighting up like a Christmas Tree. So far, I am seeing the windshield wiper warning light, the Check Lights warning light, and the Tire Pressure warning light. The Check Lights is a yellow lightbulb that comes on when I start the car. I checked the different settings on the car to reset it, but have not found one. I called the dealer about it today. They do not know what that warning light is, but tomorrow morning they will take a look at it. The windshield wiper warning light is another mystery. A defective sensor is suspected. It cannot be reset either. The tire pressure warning light came on last week. I inflated the tires to the correct pressure and reset the warning light. It came on again last night while I was at the movies. It took me half an hour to locate a gas station with a working air pump, and a line of 10 cars. So I gave up. I drove by the pump on the way to work this morning and put air in the tires, and reset the warning light. The seat belt feeder fell off a couple of times. Sometimes it does not catch the seat belt just right and gets tangled in it, and on the way back it stays attached to the seat belt while the extending arm is pulled back. The dealer ordered a new assembly for it. Now, the sad part. Over the years, I bought new cars: Mitsubishi Eclipe, VW GTI VR6, Toyota Camry, Lexus IS 300, Acura TL. None of these cars ever saw the dealer outside of their scheduled maintenance. This new BMW 335i has already spent two weeks at the dealer, and it is still giving problems. I'm usually good natured and forgiving, light hearted and love life; but, to own a car with so many issues and to be at the dealer almost every week is breaking my spirit. Yes, it is a fast car and looks good, but when my friends want to see it, I keep having to make excuses why it's at the dealer. I have seen many people on the forums just making excuses for it being a new model, for this and for that. Maybe this comparison is not true, but if the bimmer were a woman, how many guys could live with the fact that two weeks out of then she's spending time with another man?
Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Davey, were they automatics? I heard the automatics dont have oil coolers..but the 6spds do
Old 08-02-2008, 02:40 AM

Default Re: BMW 335i Coupe - problems

I've had my 335i for over 1 year and it's in the shop every couple weeks. The problem I'm having is my "Service Engine soon" light comes on whenever I drive the car fast. When this happens the car jerks and the engine vibrates vigorously and feels like I'm driving a volkswagen bus with 300,000 miles on it. The HP goes from 300hp to about 75hp which makes it unsafe on CA freeways. People warned me about BMW's being in the shop alot but when they are working their fun to drive. I guess I should just drive slow but then I should have just bought a prius. I have no more faith that they'll ever be able to fix my car. I definately need to sell it before my warranty expires. If anyone can offer me any advise I'd really appreciate it.