Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Initial Trial Subscriptions and Dates

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Initial Trial Subscriptions and Dates

Someone brought this up on this forum previously, but I thought I'd ask the question to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. So when you purchase a new Audi, in my case a 2014 Audi SQ5, it comes with a bunch of features that require some form of subscription service. As a new owner, you are given free trial periods for certain services. For a normal new car, I'm assuming the trial date begins on the day of purchase, however for European Deliveries there have been many who have mentioned issues with these dates.

Let me see if I have everything covered. I thought of 2 subscriptions myself (3-month SiriusXM HD radio and 6-month Audi Connect through T-mobile for the Navigation system). Another member mentioned a 48-month traffic updates as well. Am I missing anything else?

As many have encountered, I have been bombarded by SiriusXM to renew my subscription even though I still have not received my car yet. I was told this can be cleared up by talking with my local dealership. My car arrived yesterday afternoon and I'm going in to the dealership today to pick it up. I was going to talk with my dealership about these trial dates.

In addition to these, others had brought up this question in a post, what about the warranty date? Does it start from when the car was built, when you picked it up from the factory, or when you pick it up in the US? I'll definitely be asking this question today. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alatsacto
Someone brought this up on this forum previously, but I thought I'd ask the question to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. So when you purchase a new Audi, in my case a 2014 Audi SQ5, it comes with a bunch of features that require some form of subscription service. As a new owner, you are given free trial periods for certain services. For a normal new car, I'm assuming the trial date begins on the day of purchase, however for European Deliveries there have been many who have mentioned issues with these dates.

Let me see if I have everything covered. I thought of 2 subscriptions myself (3-month SiriusXM HD radio and 6-month Audi Connect through T-mobile for the Navigation system). Another member mentioned a 48-month traffic updates as well. Am I missing anything else?

As many have encountered, I have been bombarded by SiriusXM to renew my subscription even though I still have not received my car yet. I was told this can be cleared up by talking with my local dealership. My car arrived yesterday afternoon and I'm going in to the dealership today to pick it up. I was going to talk with my dealership about these trial dates.

In addition to these, others had brought up this question in a post, what about the warranty date? Does it start from when the car was built, when you picked it up from the factory, or when you pick it up in the US? I'll definitely be asking this question today. Thanks.
I can only answer about warranty - start from day when you pick up your car (in your case - when you get all documents and keys in delivery center)
Old 12-05-2013, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
I can only answer about warranty - start from day when you pick up your car (in your case - when you get all documents and keys in delivery center)
Yup you were right. My warranty started on my delivery date in Ingolstadt. Thanks.

The Audi Connect T-Mobile service was activated today by my local dealership. My Sirius radio trial issues will be squared away by my local dealership.