Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice command

I haven't found an Audi that will reset my computer to activate voice command. The last service rep I spoke to said if you reset it to activate voice command it will be reset to original (no voice command) whenever you bring it in for service. I assume that when they check for diagnostics it sets everything to default settings or is this Audi's way of discouraging you from resetting the computer. Has anyone had this happen when they had the car serviced,or has anyone reset the computer and found that nothing changed when they had it sreviced?
Old 05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by lenbro
I haven't found an Audi that will reset my computer to activate voice command. The last service rep I spoke to said if you reset it to activate voice command it will be reset to original (no voice command) whenever you bring it in for service. I assume that when they check for diagnostics it sets everything to default settings or is this Audi's way of discouraging you from resetting the computer. Has anyone had this happen when they had the car serviced,or has anyone reset the computer and found that nothing changed when they had it sreviced?
I say true. My service department told me they would be happy turn the voice on for me if I provided codes, but said it would reset to default the first time they did a diagnostic during service.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just picked my car up from the 15000 mile service, and all of my VAG-COM modifications, including voice command, are still in effect. YMMV. I do think in general it's worth spending a few bucks (a drop in the bucket compared to the price of the car) to get VAG-COM for yourself, so you can re-do these if it does get reset, or change things if you change your mind about how you want it. Or at least make friends with someone who has it. It's a bummer to have to pay a shop every time you want to make a change.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sharding
I "I do think in general it's worth spending a few bucks (a drop in the bucket compared to the price of the car) to get VAG-COM for yourself, so you can re-do these if it does get reset, or change things if you change your mind about how you want it."
+1. I bought a VAG-COM, never looked back. Activated voice, works well in cab, even with the top down on the highway!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default What's the real story

Originally Posted by lenbro
Has anyone done this with a 2014 S5 Cabriolet? Haven't seen any further dialog and I'm in the same boat with Audi Customer Care.
Do I buy the VCDS soft wear and try to Do it myself?

Anyone with updated info feel free to share.

Domd
Old 04-28-2014, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Dealer's Don't Reset Updated Settings

I bought the vag-com and VCDS software and updated my 2010 Audi S5 Cab to add voice controls back among many other updates. I have had my car in for service multiple times to two different dealers in southeast Michigan. They don't change your settings back to defaults. They do the services you ask and return your car.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just activated it on my 2010 A5 Cab thanks to a nice fellow Audi owner in Fort Collins. Took him about two minutes, works like a charm. Love it.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by domd
Has anyone done this with a 2014 S5 Cabriolet? Haven't seen any further dialog and I'm in the same boat with Audi Customer Care.
Do I buy the VCDS soft wear and try to Do it myself?

Anyone with updated info feel free to share.

Domd
Did in in my RS5 cabrio (facelifted, 2013) and it works good.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bthall420
I bought the vag-com and VCDS software and updated my 2010 Audi S5 Cab to add voice controls back among many other updates. I have had my car in for service multiple times to two different dealers in southeast Michigan. They don't change your settings back to defaults. They do the services you ask and return your car.
Given my relative lack of technological know-how, do you happen to have any interest in helping out a fellow owner? I've got a 2013 that I'd love to be able to use the voice activation with.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by deschmehl
Given my relative lack of technological know-how, do you happen to have any interest in helping out a fellow owner? I've got a 2013 that I'd love to be able to use the voice activation with.
If you need it activated and you're in the Royal Oak area I would be happy to help you out. It doesn't take very long, just need access to the car for about 15-20 minutes.

Quick Reply: Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet