Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

Old 02-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet

I bought the new S5 Cabriolet in Aug. 2009. Signed contract for Prestige model with the MMI system because I wanted voice command for the phone, navigation and audio. Car delivered on Friday, 13 Nov. (in the rain!) I was advised by the sales rep at time of delivery the there is "limited use of voice command in the cab" What that really means is that there is NO voice command in the cab. The dealership says that they didn't know it until the car arrived. I have a signed contract for this option. The Audi brochure on the A5/S5 cabriolet clearly stated that it is a part of the MMI system.

I contacted Audi Customer care in Michigan to complain and to ask that this voice activation be activated. They say they cannot (will not) do it.

I am very annoyed with Audi of America for deceiving me. BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti and Lexus all have voice command in their convertibles. This is my 5th, and most expensive Audi. I want what I paid for.

Is there anyone else out there who bought a 2010 A5/S5 cabriolet who is as angry as I am?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I knew about it before hand. I'd like it but I am not distraught. You have every right to be mad if you were expecting it.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was expecting it alright. They just didn't tell me and wheather the local dealer knew it or not, I've been cheated.

Chris from NY
Old 02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

Take the car back and cancel the contract as they have been unable and unwilling to fulfill the contract. Otherwise, just enjoy the great car that it is. I would have liked it as well (and was expecting it) but can easily live without it.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My impression is that it is not even possible to add (as you can with the 2008 S5 via Vag-Comm).

If this is that big of a deal then contact your lawyer and return the car.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

outside of getting a lawyer involved I dont see that they are going to do much to make you happy. You surely arent going to get money back or by the sounds of it them to activate the voice command.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My SA was not even aware that the voice command feature not being available for the Cab. I had to inform him of such during the delivery walk-through.

I can certainly understand and even share your frustration with this. It isn't not that I can not live without the feature, but has more to do with being mislead by AoA and their sales brochures, into thinking that it is there when in fact, the module is not even on the car ( Vag-Com can not even find it thus there is nothing to activate ). With that said, I still think it is a wonderful car and still think it is a great piece of engineering marvel, even when I am looking at that completely useless voice command button on the steering wheel.

I agree with the others, other than getting the lawyers involved, there isn't much you can do, especially not after you have owned the car for over 2 months. And I absolutely refuse to be involved as part of some type of classaction lawsuit, because the only one that really wins in these things are the lawyers, not the consumers.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. Don't get me wrong, I truly love the car and do not want to turn it back in. I'm just unhappy that a top of the line vehicle like the A5/S5 would not have all the whistles and bells it should have and that Audi was sneaky enough to not make that clear at the outset.

More to come.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I keep saying this all over the forums - The brochures and website are vague and misleading. It's really hard to tell what really comes with the car. The photos are just as bad. The A5 in the brochure shows exhaust on one side when the car comes with one on each side. The rear fog light switch is showing but we don't get that here. It's not cool at all.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I don't disagree that the advertising is misleading and that the Audi salespeople should have been advised of this, but you could also have done a search on this forum to find out all about the car before taking delivery. This was posted back in August...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...=voice+command

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Voice command in the S5 Cabriolet