Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

added F& R splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added F& R splash guards

Yeah, I know -old school and no bling - but where live at 9K feet and 200 inches of snow, I have learned from experience - so am getting ready for the season. Had Toyo Proxes on my FX45 (20's) past 3 seasons and no problems, so I look forward to seeing how they do on the Q.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: added F& R splash guards

Hey- ex-Salt Lake City here. When I was there, a new Utah snowfall record was set, 55" in 24 hours, at Snowbird, I think. Now in Texas, no winter here, but my splash guards deal with the occasional rain - the 275's do kick up some spray.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Park City - Door Dings?

A friend of mine said he saw a new Q7 in town, I'm guessing that was yours. I'm waiting for an S-line in Mugello Blue. Have you found any issues driving around town? Did you get the Air Suspension? Have you noticed it's a little tight to park such a wide vehicle in some of the lots...I'm a little worried about door dings, I hate those. The doors feel a little tinny, I wonder if they'll ding easy.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 08-06-2006, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Park City - Door Dings?

No adaptive air - am running the 18's all weather and 19's with Toyo Proxes - for me, its a great ride all round and I understand the springs will settle more evenly at 2k miles. I will, however, install anti-sway which will take care of that rear weight pushing the sides on uneven curves. Anyway, other than adding some kind of aftermarket door guards, the flush design is really prone to dings so I am just trying to be more careful than usual - In fact I am adding some 1/4 inch clear rubber strips around the rear door edge as I have already gouged my wifes new X5 4.8 - will be in the doghouse for awhile.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Door Dings and colour how long till yours?

I am nervously waiting for mugello and would love to see daylight pics.

Got a door ding myself. if you notice the lower part of door panel curves out to a point where it catches the other door opening. I recieved one while I was watching thinking She was going to be careful. First time in a mall too. Car was so new the paint was still soft and I was able to pust it back in place with my thumbnail.
On the giving side, these doors are pretty long and swing out a bit. Got to open them slowly and remind new passengers frequently.

Heres my pay and display cheat.
Park in the middle of two spaces and buy two one hour tickets and display both. If someone hassles you tell them you paid for both spaces and your car doesnt fit in one (which is true in Ireland anyway). if the ticket guy comes around you have paid for two hours (like, Sorry dude I had to go back to my car for more change) and blame someone else for parking badly when you arrived.
Must say though I am beginning to find all those precious extra wide ones, end of lane or by the pillar or just around the corner where lazy people wont go.