A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking a look at an 07 A8 L 82k

Old 12-19-2013, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking a look at an 07 A8 L 82k

Okay I live in Dallas Tx and I have been looking for a 07-08 L for a while here and they are tough to find, believe me. So I found one at a dealer that has 82k miles on it ans its not BLACK! lol It looks to be in excellent condition, I am not sure on the maint history as I have not actually spoke with them yet. I know there are several threads on what to look for when buying one of these cars so I am pretty confident in what to check. But I am wondering if it is really necessary to get it inspected by someone before I make an offer??

They are asking 21500 for it, they do offer extended warranty on it but I am not sure of the provider. If it is mechanically sound do yall think 21500 is a fair price? I know I have more questions but I cant think of them at the moment. Another car I may look at is an 06 E55 that just popped up at a dealer around here. 81k miles and the only want 19500! So im stuck on that as well LOL

Thanks for the input.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by srob85
Okay I live in Dallas Tx and I have been looking for a 07-08 L for a while here and they are tough to find, believe me. So I found one at a dealer that has 82k miles on it ans its not BLACK! lol It looks to be in excellent condition, I am not sure on the maint history as I have not actually spoke with them yet. I know there are several threads on what to look for when buying one of these cars so I am pretty confident in what to check. But I am wondering if it is really necessary to get it inspected by someone before I make an offer??

They are asking 21500 for it, they do offer extended warranty on it but I am not sure of the provider. If it is mechanically sound do yall think 21500 is a fair price? I know I have more questions but I cant think of them at the moment. Another car I may look at is an 06 E55 that just popped up at a dealer around here. 81k miles and the only want 19500! So im stuck on that as well LOL

Thanks for the input.
Hi,
I encourage you to take it to Audi for a pre-purchase inspection, it's under $200 and they let you know of any issues with the car. Believe me it's worth every penny. I just bought my '07 and they found that the TPMS had faulty sensors during the PPI. Dealer selling the car agreed to fix it as part of the purchase. I also encourage getting the extended warranty, one that covers anything from leaking seals and electronics. I would advise you to stay away from the MB E55. Good luck.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fez2013
Hi,
I encourage you to take it to Audi for a pre-purchase inspection, it's under $200 and they let you know of any issues with the car. Believe me it's worth every penny. I just bought my '07 and they found that the TPMS had faulty sensors during the PPI. Dealer selling the car agreed to fix it as part of the purchase. I also encourage getting the extended warranty, one that covers anything from leaking seals and electronics. I would advise you to stay away from the MB E55. Good luck.
Look at my thread I started prior to my purchase.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2857819
Old 12-19-2013, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah I read you thread. I was leaning towards getting a ppi. Thanks for the good advice.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '07 owner

Yeah I read you thread. I was leaning towards getting a ppi. Thanks for the good advice.
I have an '07 D3 and it IS black! I bought mine in April of 2011 with 60K. It was in mint condition (still is) and I paid $36,500 for it 32 months ago. Personally I would try to get them down to $20K but with only 81,000 miles it seems like a fair price. I now have 137K on mine and it runs like a Swiss watch. The downside is that you will have some expensive maintenance over the next few years but IMHO this car is well worth it ~ and then some.

And if you buy it you will find a lot of helpful guys here who can save you major dollars.

Last edited by Swissman564; 12-19-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Swissman564
I have an '07 D3 and it IS black! I bought mine in April of 2011 with 60K. It was in mint condition (still is) and I paid $36,500 for it 32 months ago. Personally I would try to get them down to $20K but with only 81,000 miles it seems like a fair price. I now have 137K on mine and it runs like a Swiss watch. The downside is that you will have some expensive maintenance over the next few years but IMHO this car is well worth it ~ and then some.

And if you buy it you will find a lot of helpful guys here who can save you major dollars.
Wow, over 60K in 2 years?? How far is your commute to work everyday?? That's a lot of miles in a short period of time. But they are good cars and you get what you pay for in quality.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yea 21.5K is a pretty fair asking price. I agree to try to get them down to 20K. I think they would do it. The miles aound very good.
Old 12-19-2013, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 89 Likes on 80 Posts
Default 80k seems to be the breaking point of some parts...

Okay So I found one at a dealer that has 82k miles on it ans its not BLACK!
After I read the forum about problems - everything seems to happen at about 80k+ miles- air suspension - electronics stuff - and all problems seem to cost bunch of money even if you do it yourself.
Find one like Fez or pay really cheap for this car because air suspension don't give you sign of breaking while test driving the car, only when you take it home = $3-4k do it yourself.
Unless the people who check out the car for you take out every spark plug to check for carbon deposit inside the hole?
Read about these problems and add all the cost to fix (just in case) then add to the selling price of the car...
I love my car, tonight, took the family to the kid school event. When we went out, remotely from far away, in the dark, the car lighted up all door handles and mirror, it's beautiful and "thoughtful". Everyone was amazed how Audi thought of everything and they drive nice cars also, but not Audi A8L, of course and it's 7 year old - 2006.

Truly, I don't like the air suspension, it's overkill, more problems than benefit, it's bumpier than the D2, but the S class had air suspensions, then Audi must have them too, I guess.

My car has 85,900 miles already, and no problems yet, only the suspension squeaks when cold, the steering makes little noises when turning right from standing still.
All electronic stuff works flawlessly for now. Everything works.

I got mine from the original owner, he took care of the car well and he didn't abuse it.

Cheers and good luck,

Louis
Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

My air suspension compressor/motor went at around 90K. Very true, it happens with no warning. I purchased the part out of FL (under $500) and my mechanic put it on for $200. Good as new. It does not cost 3-4K to make these repairs.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2k4blacka8
Wow, over 60K in 2 years?? How far is your commute to work everyday?? That's a lot of miles in a short period of time. But they are good cars and you get what you pay for in quality.
Yes, I am a road warrior. We own 30 restaurants and convenience stores spread out across three states. (and I have two other cars!) I log about 40K per year in total which is why I must have a car that I love to drive and never get tired of. I have owned over 40 vehicles in the past 42 years and nothing can compare to this car.

Last edited by Swissman564; 12-20-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Taking a look at an 07 A8 L 82k