Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Never been an Audi owner

Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never been an Audi owner

Production on my new 2014 Q5 2.0 started on January 7, 2014.

Everyone who answers all the questions on these threads seems so knowledgable.... I'm impressed!

So for the novice.... What should be the first steps to learning about the Q5? How do you find out about all the tech information? ... cause I didn't grow up with all this stuff (yes, I'm over 60).

State any and all information that you did to learn about an Audi Q5! Thanks!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 170 Likes on 149 Posts

Welcome. We just delivery of our Q5 on 1/11/14, and we are also over 60 (but have owned an Audi since 1982). My salesman gave us a link to tutorials for the MMI, Audi Connect, etc. Here it is:

http://www.audiusa.com/help/video-tu...eTutorial/all/
Old 01-22-2014, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you take delivery, make sure the sales rep walks you through the features, operations etc. of the vehicle. He/she probably will but make sure they do a thorough job of it. Also, if you are so inclined, after you get the car bring the owners manuals into the house and peruse them now and then there is a lot of good information and learning in them.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i am a technical person. when i took my first drive in an Audi with MMI, i was a bit worried at first. i am used to having a touch screen head unit. i still think touch screen is easier. regardless, the MMI system is fairly easy to learn. my dad is in his 60's and is not technical at all, but i am confident i could teach him how to navigate through the MMI menus. what makes it simple is that there is a button for each key menu item right there at your finger tips - navigation, media (to play music), phone, etc. once you press the button, it opens a menu with different options. you can navigate through the settings using the dial and when you land on a setting you want to change, you press the dial in. the videos that A6Gary posted should be very helpful... and congrats on the new vehicle - you are going to love it when you take delivery.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I work very close to the Audi dealership. During my lunch hour, I'd go there and tinker. I learned a lot before the car even came. The owner's manuals are in the glovebox of the showroom cars. You can browse them ahead of time.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
When you take delivery, make sure the sales rep walks you through the features, operations etc. of the vehicle. He/she probably will but make sure they do a thorough job of it. Also, if you are so inclined, after you get the car bring the owners manuals into the house and peruse them now and then there is a lot of good information and learning in them.
X2! Our Audi salesperson was VERY thorough. Reading the manual can be fun and illuminating.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

We are new to the world of Audi as well. While the systems are different from anything that we drove before, it is not hard to get the hang of. As stated, review the online tutorials, get an introduction by the sales associate and Read the manual. I find myself still pulling out the manual to review something the first time I try change it. My wife is not very technically inclined, but she has not had any problems adjusting.

Happy Learning!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by JGA5Cab
I work very close to the Audi dealership. During my lunch hour, I'd go there and tinker. I learned a lot before the car even came. The owner's manuals are in the glovebox of the showroom cars. You can browse them ahead of time.
Before my ED, I download pdf manual from BMW web site and print out 2 exemplars - one my night stand - one for bathroom (sorry for detail information)
I have no idea why Audi do not offer PDF manual for their customers.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:50 PM
rez
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Would loooove a PDF owners manual... hopefully someone from Audi is reading. :-)
Originally Posted by TIME89
Before my ED, I download pdf manual from BMW web site and print out 2 exemplars - one my night stand - one for bathroom (sorry for detail information)
I have no idea why Audi do not offer PDF manual for their customers.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations! You'll find lots of helpful information here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Never been an Audi owner