Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

How soon did you pick up your newly delivered A6?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How soon did you pick up your newly delivered A6?

Just got word that my car is on a truck headed to Denver. Once you were notified that it had arrived, how soon did you go pick it up? Next Day? That weekend?
Old 12-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer is 4 hours away. They delivered it to my driveway. :-)
Old 12-03-2013, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow that is customer service.

On second thoughts, you trust the car jockey didn't abuse your new ride when the car was not yet broken in? I won't care if it is leased, but I would pause if this is financed.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nah, it arrived safely with 12 miles. :-)

Old 12-04-2013, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very good.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think i waited a day after it showed up, but my story was a bit funny. Depending on how much history you read on this board, you might know that my car took 6 months to arrive to my dealer after I ordered it. That had its own ups and down. So, on a Wed or Thurs night I got word from my guy that an Estoril Blue S6 arrived that day. So while I honestly started thinking about buying that one instead (buyer backed out) The sales guy couldn't hold it in any more and told me over the phone that My Estoril Blue car also was on that same truck. So I packed up the family and raced over to the dealer. I had to see it for myself. She was still waiting in the detail bay to get all cleaned up. It had to be Thursday when I first saw it as I had to race to the dealer Friday since they close early to sign and drive. It is an exciting time when you hear the car has hit the home stretch. I look forward to my wife experiencing it with her Q5. She will wait only about 3 months though which is standard for ordered Audi's
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I must say every time I see your Estoril Blue car with 20 rims it is one of the nicest combos out there.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
I must say every time I see your Estoril Blue car with 20 rims it is one of the nicest combos out there.
I appreciate it. Although I am sad now, the winter 18's are back on. So I have to look at my signature to remind myself what the car looks like.

Shell, what did you end up doing about your winter set up? Are you going to try and enjoy it with the summers at all, or straight to the winter set up?
Old 12-05-2013, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NVThs1
I appreciate it. Although I am sad now, the winter 18's are back on. So I have to look at my signature to remind myself what the car looks like.

Shell, what did you end up doing about your winter set up? Are you going to try and enjoy it with the summers at all, or straight to the winter set up?
Denver, CO and today we may have gotten above 11 degrees.

We opted for the Winter Wheel Package through Audi. We considered Tire Rack, but couldn't find wheels that we loved with a config that would fit the Audi wheel cap. Vain I know.

I chatted with my salesman today and informed him that we want to come over and see the car w/ the 20s before they put on the winter shoes. After all we have never seen our config in person (Daytona w/20s). There are plenty of pics online, but I'd like to see it first hand. It'll will be a good 5-6 months before I'd get to see the 20s again.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Purchased car from Atlanta, Georgia. After I completed the transaction the dealer offered to deliver it to my homeat no additional charge. I am 130 miles from Atlanta. Car showed up in front of my house on the back of a tow truck. Now that's service!

Quick Reply: How soon did you pick up your newly delivered A6?