Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015
Old 08-09-2016, 10:18 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Electrical Guides
Print Wikipost

Q7 battery replacement

Old 03-12-2012, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detailed instructions on replacement of battery for 2008 Audi Q7

Originally Posted by K2audi
I did mine last winter...Take off the trim pieces around the front part of the seat. Unscrew the 2 bolts holding the front of the seat down and the front seat will swing back out of the way so you will have access to the floor under the seat. From here forward it should be pretty straight forward. Sorry for the limited data but I am going off of memory.
Can someone provide me with instructions on how to replace the battery for my 2008 Audi Q7? I know it involves removing the front seat but don't know how to do that and also do not know how to reprogram after replacement. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

search the fourm for the same topic, there are PDF's attached that will get you there. need a VAG or something like that to reprogram unless you attach another battery to the terminals in the engine area to keep juice on the car. My dealer says they charges $190 to replace it, it's not worth buying a battery have me do it then get charged $40 from the deal to reprogram since I don't own a VAG like tool. if you go to the ross tech site it tells you how to program it. you can get a battery at Walmart for $98 last I looked.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default instructions on removing and replacing battery on q7

Originally Posted by bmwrt
yes do the battery yourself. Go to Interstate and get a bettery for Q7. Model MTP-H8 $178.00 plus tax. 85 Months warranty. First 30 months free replacement. According to the Dealer, its a better battery than factory. I paid 1/2 hour labor to reprogram the car. I do have the intructions for rnr the battery if you needed. Its not that hard.
Have fun!
Hi. Can you pls send me instructions on how to remove the battery from under the driver seat? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 PM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by grumpely
Hi. Can you pls send me instructions on how to remove the battery from under the driver seat? Thanks in advance.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2802480
Old 12-10-2012, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi Q7 battery replacement

Yesterday Halfords replaced my car battery for £6.99
Varta H15 020 AGM Battery

Length (mm) 393

Width (mm) 175

Height (mm) 190

Capacity (Ah) 105

CCA / SAE 950

Weight (Kg) 29.2
The battery fitted nicely in the slot, though the previous one was ~ 4 cm shorter (353 x 175 x 190).
Just for comparison Audi Garrage asked £100 for the same job.
The chap needed tripple square wrench (I think 10 mm) to unscrew the bolts at the front side of passenger seat, which nicely rotate on the hindges behind and the access to the lid of the battery was sufficient to take it out.
All the brackets fitted adequately to the bigger battery.
Next time I can do it.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Battery replacement

This is the link of the website for Varta batteries.
http://www.boschcarbatteries.co.uk/i...m-battery.html
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good stuff

thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've looked a few times now to make sure I'm not missing it.....but see nothing. Is there a definitive answer to keeping the Q "alive" with another battery during the changeout to avoid whatever reprogram the Dealer wants to do?
Old 12-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1Hondalover
I've looked a few times now to make sure I'm not missing it.....but see nothing. Is there a definitive answer to keeping the Q "alive" with another battery during the changeout to avoid whatever reprogram the Dealer wants to do?
It's pretty easy- attach a Battery Tender to the cables before you take the cables off the old battery. Replace the old battery and reattach the cables without disconnecting the Battery Tender, then disconnect it. It kind of goes without saying but if the BT gets unplugged or one of the clips comes off you'll need to reprogram.

There are also trickle chargers that plug into the aux power port, used to be called a cigarette lighter, but I'm not sure if these will work with the tricky electronics found in today's Audi.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Battery

Dealer informed me during routine maintenance that my 09 Q7 was showing a battery failure, probably one dead cell. I had them go ahead, wish I wouldn't have, cost $357 and due to milage not under warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q7 battery replacement