Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

IE: Audi A3 2010 1.6 diesel heavy steering, cut out/not starting, dashboard lit up )

Old 07-05-2022, 02:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IE: Audi A3 2010 1.6 diesel heavy steering, cut out/not starting, dashboard lit up )

Hi,
newbie to AudiWorld here.. New to Audi in general too. I bought an Audi A3 2010 1.6TDI last week and discovered there was a slight diesel leak coming from the the back of the fuel rail. It was running ok, not perfect, but ok, with no dash lights. But today when I was about to drive back to the mechanic to get it properly seen to I noticed the steering was very heavy, and it cut out before leaving the driveway, followed by the dash lighting up, beeps (similar to low fuel beep), and it not starting at all (just starter 'clicks'). The fuel levels are ok, radio works, etc.. The only thing that doesn't work/needs replacing is the passenger door motor and issue with the door lock on that side, but it has been running for the week that I've had it. I have the battery charging atm, just in case it was low, though the charger was at 3 out of 4 bars on the device within a few mins so it wasn't flat.

Any ideas what might be the issue? Or any similar threads that might be hidden on here that helps the situation?

Would be great to get it ticking over to get it around to the mechanic at least.
Any help would be very appreciated!

Regards,
Jim.

Attached Files
Old 07-13-2022, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a combination of the leak, and alternator acting up. Not sure how to delete this thread, but hey.