Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

my.audi.com upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I don't know if I can find an old maps, but I was trying with the newest version.

I was doing this in Mac OSX 10.9.2. It would not surprise me if it is an unimplemented feature in the Mac version.

Any out there ever get this to work on a Mac?
Old 04-05-2014, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AudioBear
Thanks. I don't know if I can find an old maps, but I was trying with the newest version.

I was doing this in Mac OSX 10.9.2. It would not surprise me if it is an unimplemented feature in the Mac version.

Any out there ever get this to work on a Mac?
Doesn't matter if a Mac or PC - it's web browser driven. You need to go to the old online Google Map by clicking on the question mark icon on the lower right and selecting "Return to old Google Map". The Send to Car option will then be available. The other option is to get the iPhone or Android "Send to Map" app if you have one of those smartphones.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks Snagitseven

Yesterday the only option available in the browser version of google was send to e-mail. Today when I go to my Audi I can search for a destination on the map and if it finds it, it allows me to save and send. I tried Seattle Space Needle and it found it and saved it. The marker is at the right spot. Next time I'm in the car I will report on whether it shows up in the list. I wonder why it's working today and not yesterday....

This makes the process very easy, no browser needed. Just go to MyAudi select AudiConnection and used the Map or Manual extra options. Am I missing something?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had issues initially with the my.audi website last year. Took weeks of constant calls to,Audi and constantly prompted to enter my pin from the car. Audi may have their act together with tech in the car, but the web side interaction is as others said, lame and disappointing. I have no desire to,screw around with the new site until they work out the kinks. I assume the new website is to appeal more to the millenials that will be buying the A3.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

The new website is fine. Will be the first step in getting to downloading maps & more features for our cars.

While the new website seems to work ok if you're just registering your car for the first time, it isn't incorporating the previous registrations & destinations well yet. Will probably be ok within the next few weeks. An inconvenience...not exactly a calamity. May have been rushed a bit to get it running for the A3--doing a little catch-up with the previous models & data.

Will be nice when it's fully functional. Personally, I'm happy that they didn't just leave the older cars on the old site, not even trying to move them along with the development of newer features.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've had my car for 2 1/2 weeks, and signed up for my account. This week I went back in to enter a new destination, and had to re-register. The destinations in the car are for the original account, and I can't get the new account and password to be recognized by the car.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Here's an Android app I use to send to car from phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.sendtocar
Old 04-08-2014, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Soobie23
I've had my car for 2 1/2 weeks, and signed up for my account. This week I went back in to enter a new destination, and had to re-register. The destinations in the car are for the original account, and I can't get the new account and password to be recognized by the car.
I'm in the same boat. I have no idea where to put in the new PIN generated when I re-registered with a new email/password. Will a "restore to factory defaults" roll back my MMI version from 715-2 back to 0566?

In MyAudi, clicking on the link for "accounts set up before March 2014" only brings me to the A3 page. Not very helpful.

Lastly, the myAudi site won't let me log in thru Google, only IE. The red arrow button after inputing my login info is dead.

Any solution yet?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

On the classic google map, you could send google destinations to your 'car'. Actually it is to your "my audi" account. The destinations sent from google map should be listed under saved destination.

Here is Audi Connect PDF info:

From MMI: NAV button > control button Destination > Online destinations > Call up dest. from myAudi account.
► If necessary, enter your myAudi PIN and selecta navigation destination.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iBetterDoNow
On the classic google map, you could send google destinations to your 'car'. Actually it is to your "my audi" account. The destinations sent from google map should be listed under saved destination.

Here is Audi Connect PDF info:

From MMI: NAV button > control button Destination > Online destinations > Call up dest. from myAudi account.
► If necessary, enter your myAudi PIN and selecta navigation destination.
Thanks. My apologies for not being clear. I can send destinations to my 2016 A6. My issue is that I have no where to input the new PIN after I re-registered. The "old" online destinations still work (from my old account prior to March 2014). New destinations saved in MyAudi with my new account (PIN) don't link to my car. The MMI does not ask me for a new PIN - and I don't know where to input the new PIN. Hence my question about resetting to factory defaults.

Quick Reply: my.audi.com upgraded?