Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

my.audi.com upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I was able to make a new account with the same email.
Same here.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I was able to make a new account with the same email.
Did you receive a new PIN?
Old 04-04-2014, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To those of you who created new account using the email which you used for old account, can you see the destination you had before?
I'm wondering they are migrated or not.
Well, I do not really care as long as I don't have to enter PIN from time to time. I hope they fix that this time.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Did you receive a new PIN?
Yes. I gotta figure out how to put it in the car.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Made an account with the same email, but when I tried to link my Google account, it said that address is already in use.

And I did get a new PIN. No idea how to add that?
Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ettsn
Made an account with the same email, but when I tried to link my Google account, it said that address is already in use.

And I did get a new PIN. No idea how to add that?
It's in the MMI setup, can't remember where...Setup maybe?
Old 04-04-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kevinsong
To those of you who created new account using the email which you used for old account, can you see the destination you had before?
I'm wondering they are migrated or not.
Well, I do not really care as long as I don't have to enter PIN from time to time. I hope they fix that this time.
According to a chat I had with AOA, you lose everything. Total new account.

Well, playing in the car, I didn't need to enter the new PIN, I still have access to online destinations (I think this is where you enter the PIN) and my old destinations are still there. The AOA person I had the chat with said something about a "reset", maybe that will kill everything and trigger the new PIN

Last edited by PJRed2008; 04-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

It seems that either IE or Chrome had issues on the old site and when I used the other, things worked. Yea I know, vague.

I gave up on the send to car and just send addresses via BT using the address book and navigate from there.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

i find the site very lame. I hadn't used it until a couple of days ago. The only way I can get addresses into it is manual entry. I see no connection with my google account although I did log on with that. If it were designed correctly places that you have saved on google maps in a browser should automatically go to the car's system.

The good news is that you can manually enter an address and it does appear in your car which makes it pretty easy to add an address. I like the concept but not the implementation.

FWIW, I had to create a new account and got a new pin I had to enter. I had no old places to loose.

If this is a harbinger of Audi's of how well collaboration with Google will work and what kind of software the two can come up with, I think we are all going to be underwhelmed if not perpetually confused. But is there anything better anywhere else? I really don't know,

The car is blast to drive so who cares? Grin.

2014 A6 TDI Prestige Innovation, Driver Assistance, Ice Metallic and Beige Leather
Old 04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by AudioBear
i find the site very lame. I hadn't used it until a couple of days ago. The only way I can get addresses into it is manual entry. I see no connection with my google account although I did log on with that. If it were designed correctly places that you have saved on google maps in a browser should automatically go to the car's system.

The good news is that you can manually enter an address and it does appear in your car which makes it pretty easy to add an address. I like the concept but not the implementation.

FWIW, I had to create a new account and got a new pin I had to enter. I had no old places to loose.

If this is a harbinger of Audi's of how well collaboration with Google will work and what kind of software the two can come up with, I think we are all going to be underwhelmed if not perpetually confused. But is there anything better anywhere else? I really don't know,

The car is blast to drive so who cares? Grin.

2014 A6 TDI Prestige Innovation, Driver Assistance, Ice Metallic and Beige Leather
You can send destinations to your myAudi account directly from Google Maps instead of manually enter them. You have to use classic Google Maps as Google still hasn't migrated the feature to the new Google Maps. Here's a video that shows how you do it.

Quick Reply: my.audi.com upgraded?