Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

my.audi.com upgraded?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my.audi.com upgraded?

Have you guys noticed my.audi.com has been upgraded? Now my login and password not working. This is not very nice. :-(

Last edited by kevinsong; 04-04-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kevinsong
Have you guys noticed my.audi.com has been upgraded? Now my login and password not working. This is not very nice. :-(
Big surprise. I like how the "if you registered before March 2014" button just takes you to the main site. I got a response from AOA today from a survey I filled out over a month ago asking they contact me. The more I deal with them the less impressed I am.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The new site is pretty cool. Who knows we may get some additional functionality out of it.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new site didn't recognize my password (entered on March 1st, 2014 btw) so I re-registered. It shows Manage Widgets and Manage Destinations at the bottom (really the only two things it shows). Click on Widgets, and it returns "Widgets are no longer supported on this vehicle." Okay. Click on My Destinations, asks for your Google username, and says "This Google account is already in use, please use another."

So, my old username and password doesn't work. I can't connect my Google account to the new my.audi account, the old website was never able to manage squat in my car and the new page only shows options I can't use.

Awesome.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ettsn
The new site didn't recognize my password (entered on March 1st, 2014 btw) so I re-registered. It shows Manage Widgets and Manage Destinations at the bottom (really the only two things it shows). Click on Widgets, and it returns "Widgets are no longer supported on this vehicle." Okay. Click on My Destinations, asks for your Google username, and says "This Google account is already in use, please use another."

So, my old username and password doesn't work. I can't connect my Google account to the new my.audi account, the old website was never able to manage squat in my car and the new page only shows options I can't use.

Awesome.
Well I have an issue with audiConnect asking my PIN from time to time. So I'm up to anything make things work. The only concern I have is RE-registering may cause more confusion to this fragile web function.

Last edited by kevinsong; 04-04-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Page 5 of the connection manual says that you can update the maps in the A3 with downloads onto a 32gig card.

Certainly would be nice if they can broaden that to the A6. Seems like they have the basic software in place.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I had an online chat with AoA about this the other day. The answer I got is that it will all work in the near future. It's unbelievable, how Audi doesn't inform their customers about upgrades and how long it takes. They have been at this for over a week now. The site was completely down last week for several days, then the new site started to pop up, but as others have noticed the prior to March 2014 link just takes you to www.audiusa.com. My guess is that link will go to the old site eventually for everybody who is already registered. There won't be anything new. The new site is mostly about the new features in the 2015 A3 MMI. At least I can still send destinations to my car from Google Maps, I just can't delete the ones I no longer need at the moment.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by James517
Page 5 of the connection manual says that you can update the maps in the A3 with downloads onto a 32gig card.

Certainly would be nice if they can broaden that to the A6. Seems like they have the basic software in place.
You do not want an SD card based nav system. My new Outback has that and it's slow and jerky. Plus the updates cost pretty much the same.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

The myAudi website has been pretty lame from the get go. For example, if there's a problem on their end and you lose your registration, you can't re-register using the same email and you have to delete the account and start over with a new email address. Sometimes, on my Firefox or Safari browsers at least, the managing of destinations doesn't always work - more often than not, after trying to save or delete an entry, it just keep reloading the same entry screen over and over until I get lucky. Add the repeating PIN requests in the car experienced by some and it's been almost a joke and should be an embarrassment for AOA.

Obviously, in the past there hasn't been much of a priority for AOA to provide a well designed, functional myAudi website. Perhaps the "new" version will be improved. For those of us with older accounts though, I wouldn't be surprised if we'll have to delete our account and start over with a new email user ID to use it.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was able to make a new account with the same email.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: my.audi.com upgraded?