Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chipwerke piggyback results

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
Already working on it. Trying to get a few logs for TTDyno. My tools are having a rough time with the Audi computer though. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. They read some parameters, but not the ones I want.

Can I do a log with VCDS and export it to a CSV format? If I can, that may be the smartest way to go.

I'm really not worried about the drivetrain. Its basically the same stuff as used in the A8 4.0T and S8, both of which have way more power.
Yes, VCDS for logging. Also if you know anyone with a vbox it would be cool to do some runs and compare stock vs chip. The B8 S4 guys on their forums has tons of info on logging and also 60-130 runs comparing different tunes, etc. What parameters to log, etc. Both AZ and audirevolution has a lot of info on that.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
I just got the GIAC Stage 1 ECU tune over the Christmas break. I wonder what performance gains from THIS and the ECU upgrade would do?

Could anyone check that??
Combined? Don't think that would work since it would be redundant programming.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here is an example of one.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...VCDS-logs-here
Old 01-16-2014, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mike I'm curious on the launch since you mentioned the bogging. Did you left foot braked and throttle same time? Because from factory throttle input is disabled when doing so. ECU tunes like APR allows this feature.

Left Foot Braking:
APR's Left Foot Braking feature allows more control over the vehicle’s throttle. The factory equipped A6's and A7's throttle input is disabled while pressing the accelerator and brake at the same time. Left Foot Braking, a common motorsport driving technique, allows the driver complete control over the vehicle’s throttle and braking system, which may give the A6 and A7 the edge it needs at the track. As is with all features APR adds to the ECU, this feature may be removed upon request.

http://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_up...30tfsi_c7.html
Old 01-16-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dave329
Combined? Don't think that would work since it would be redundant programming.
Are they doing the same thing?
Old 01-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lmbatts
I just got the GIAC Stage 1 ECU tune over the Christmas break. I wonder what performance gains from THIS and the ECU upgrade would do? Could anyone check that??
If you install a piggyback device that will tell the ECU the boost is not enough when it is, in a car that is already tuned (if that is possible) I am sure you will destroy your engine
Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gatorguy7
Are they doing the same thing?
Both will modify the ECU mappings for the car such as ignition timing advance, remapping the fuel tables (air/fuel ratio), control of the bypass valve for boost, spark timing, fuel injection, etc. Also it should give us new features such as raised rev limiter, speed governor removal, left foot braking, etc. I do not have experience with the chip the OP has mentioned but I would imagine it does all the above, the same as an ECU tune. Once is software based on stock ECU, other is a hardware piggyback ECU.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

But the difference between the two setups is that the piggyback option converts signals between the ECU and Canbus and tricks it. ECU tune rewrites the onboard ECU.

Here is a good thread (even if its old now) that talks about the two systems and the differences.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-the-B8-S4-ECU

The 3.0t platform is continuing to develop and grow so the above info may be outdated but its a good read and explains our ECU's more and how they play with certain products.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

this piggy back seems to get more hp than the ecu tunes which made me really surprised.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dave329
Mike I'm curious on the launch since you mentioned the bogging. Did you left foot braked and throttle same time? Because from factory throttle input is disabled when doing so. ECU tunes like APR allows this feature.
Nope. Just mashed the throttle. The bog is definitely the transmission. I think the ECU is cutting power during shifts to protect it.

Quick Reply: Chipwerke piggyback results