S4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi S4 produced from 2009-2016

Single Owner 2014 S4 3.0T at 50k Miles Good buy at $30k?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Single Owner 2014 S4 3.0T at 50k Miles Good buy at $30k?

Hey all. In effort to turn disaster into delight, about 90% sure I will be buying a B8.5 S4 to replace my Lexus IS350 that was totaled while parked on the street. I feel Deserving of some reward after the inevitable hell that is dealing with insurance companies....

Have done a fair amount of research on the model/gen, but this will be my first Audi, let alone my first S... hoping could get input on this vehicle before pulling the trigger.

2014 Premium Plus, Ibis White on Black Napa Leather
- Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package -($3050) Includes Audi Parking System Plus
w/Rearview Camera (Includes rear acoustic warning system)
- Audi connect with 6-month trial subscription and SiriusXM Traffic with 4 year
subscription
-Audio controls on steering wheel
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System - ($850)Includes 505 watts. Includes 14
speakers
- Sport Differential +
- Aftermarket 19" wheels---> story per dealer is that prev owner came out to
his car on blocks

Used 2014 Audi S4 For Sale | Fairfax VA

Car drives great, coolant reservoir upgraded to include metal shield to prevent leak 2/2 heat. Belts all in perfect shape. Forgot to ask if they took care of rec 55k maintenance but would assume not. Is it much more than running OBD check, topping fluids, and changing spark plugs?

Aftermarket warranty--- yes? No? Most of the mechanical i feel like I could handle outside of things requiring engine removal (thermostat etc.), but electrical/tech would be a big gamble I think.

Any thoughts/opinions/experiences are appreciated much.

Cheers!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like a good deal. Is it an S-Tronic? Has all the must have options. I purchased my 3rd and current 2011 S4 with 49k miles for $32 k 3 yrs ago. I did purchase a 3 yr 36k miles Silver warranty from Fidelity when I bought the car. 3 years later with 73K miles, my warranty is done and I did not have a claim. I feel like I wasted $2700. However. If the S-tronic takes a crap, it might be worth it. These cars have been very reliable. Much better than anyone ever expected.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Good price

Just had my 34k mi 2012 S4 totalled by another driver....insurance gave me $30.2k.....so a 2014 at 50k mi for $30k is good.

Assume it had all routine maintenable done including DSG service.

At 50k + mi, a full coverage extended warranty is going to be fairly expensive. You might look into a drive train only warranty and take a gamble on the electronics bc they've been pretty good in this area.

If you want oem wheels, you can buy them for under $700, depending on condition....just keep your eyes open. A friend bought a set with 2 curbed wheels and then another set with 1 curbed wheel and ended up spending less than $600 total....and had a spare set of winter wheels for free.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by MRTholenMD
Hey all. In effort to turn disaster into delight, about 90% sure I will be buying a B8.5 S4 to replace my Lexus IS350 that was totaled while parked on the street. I feel Deserving of some reward after the inevitable hell that is dealing with insurance companies....

Have done a fair amount of research on the model/gen, but this will be my first Audi, let alone my first S... hoping could get input on this vehicle before pulling the trigger.

2014 Premium Plus, Ibis White on Black Napa Leather
- Audi MMI Navigation Plus Package -($3050) Includes Audi Parking System Plus
w/Rearview Camera (Includes rear acoustic warning system)
- Audi connect with 6-month trial subscription and SiriusXM Traffic with 4 year
subscription
-Audio controls on steering wheel
- Bang & Olufsen Sound System - ($850)Includes 505 watts. Includes 14
speakers
- Sport Differential +
- Aftermarket 19" wheels---> story per dealer is that prev owner came out to
his car on blocks

Used 2014 Audi S4 For Sale | Fairfax VA

Car drives great, coolant reservoir upgraded to include metal shield to prevent leak 2/2 heat. Belts all in perfect shape. Forgot to ask if they took care of rec 55k maintenance but would assume not. Is it much more than running OBD check, topping fluids, and changing spark plugs?

Aftermarket warranty--- yes? No? Most of the mechanical i feel like I could handle outside of things requiring engine removal (thermostat etc.), but electrical/tech would be a big gamble I think.

Any thoughts/opinions/experiences are appreciated much.

Cheers!
I had the same Lexus, and traded for a 2014 S4 with 6 speed manual transmission, premium plus package, B&O stereo,sport diff, carbon fiber inlays, Black pearl paint, MMI, etc.... etc.... I'm not sure what is doesn't have.

I could not for the life of me find a 6 speed manual until I saw it on the dealer website. Doctor lease trade in because his wife did not like a manual transmission. 30500 miles and I paid 38K in 2016. Just love this car, and if you can find a manual transmission then don't hesitate. Great car! The Lexus IS350 I had was nice but it was boring and only can get an automatic. The suspension is soft as well, but it was a Lexus and I had no issues with the car ever. The S4 is nice with the 4 doors and I can take people with me without the hassle of moving the seat forward like a S5. Anyway, you won't look back. I would do it again tomorrow.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just bought a 2012 Prestige - Sports Diff, Luna / Black Nappa, and steel mesh inserts - 16k on the clock, certified 2 years, to 50k - still smells new (traded my B7 S4 with 86k on the clock) - paid $32k.