Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI 715-2 Update

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I agree with everything you wrote except that Audi is not entirely blameless here - some have reported calling AOA after the dealer refused to do the update and were told it didn't apply to their VIN. As all C7s since introduction use the same MMI software, that appears to be an Audi communication or process failure as well.
I agree 100%. In fact, when de Nysschen called me for my previous issue with my S4, I had moved on from communicating with my dealer to communicating directly with Audi Customer Care, and they STILL didn't have the correct info.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by RobRoy

2. A second criteria for warranty upgrade to cars with 0566 (OR earlier versions) is "Sound system pops and loses audio for a few seconds" (both the base or the B & O sound system).

Yep - I had my car in 2 days ago for the 5,000 mile service and mentioned this occurred twice. Service advisor said it was a known issue and they applied the fix that was available - which indeed turned out to be the upgrade of the MMI to 715-2
Old 12-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks RobRoy!

I'll try again armed with the great information you have provided.

I think I may start with the AoA person I was working with first rather than my lame local dealer.

I post back results when I get them.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob, for a new guy on AW with few posts so far, you get the "Rookie of the Year Award". Great info and the most detailed, best explanation I've seen so far regarding the 0715 MMI update. I'm guessing that armed with this info, others may have an easier time of getting dealers to do what's right.
Thanks!
+1 Great post RobRoy. Thanks for the information. you've got my vote as well.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the MMI update today, as well as "Performed navigation software update". Not sure what that did as I was not charged for it and a map data update should be around $300. They couldn't do the map update until after the MMI update.I figured I'd have to reenter my bluetooth pairing number and wifi password, but phone bluetooth and wifi worked fine. It did take awhile for the bluetooth, 3G and bars to show up. Also notice the word "Google" is smaller and in a different font.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
I had the MMI update today, as well as "Performed navigation software update". Not sure what that did as I was not charged for it and a map data update should be around $300. They couldn't do the map update until after the MMI update.I figured I'd have to reenter my bluetooth pairing number and wifi password, but phone bluetooth and wifi worked fine. It did take awhile for the bluetooth, 3G and bars to show up. Also notice the word "Google" is smaller and in a different font.
That must be a new update. Let us know what, if anything, besides the Google logo, you can see has changed or improved with the Nav update.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

0609 was the last version before 0715 and was introduced in late 2013 models. Among other possible changes, 0609 added Destination Street View and solved the issue of missing song info on Bluetooth audio for many devices. My sense is there isn't much difference to 0715 from 0609. Since there's few observations from those who had 0715 updated from 0609 and a lack of public documentation from Audi, it's difficult to ascertain what, if anything significant, was changed from the previous version.

As to earlier versions, my understanding is 0566, introduced with the first 2013 models, added Street View and resolved several bug issues with the MMI. Even earlier C7 MMI versions like 0467 and 0487, as found in later year 2012 models, added functionality to play compatible iDevice videos via the AMI (when used with the optional red grommet AMI cable) and some bug fixes.
My mistake. My version is: 518.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That must be a new update. Let us know what, if anything, besides the Google logo, you can see has changed or improved with the Nav update.
Will do, might take a couple days. The wife's Christmas present is a 2014 Subaru Outback Limited Special Edition, more user's manuals than the A6. Sigh.

Versions are: K0715_2, map db is NAR 5.5.6 (don't know what it was previously)

Last edited by PJRed2008; 12-08-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Will do, might take a couple days. The wife's Christmas present is a 2014 Subaru Outback Limited Special Edition, more user's manuals than the A6. Sigh.

Versions are: K0715_2, map db is NAR 5.5.6 (don't know what it was previously)
Picking up my car today, dealer did the software update after I complained about sound going in out. I'll confirm these numbers with mine when I get the car.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobRoy
OK folks, I got this from the dealer today.

There is a Technical Service Bulletin 2030465/6 that addresses the need to upgrade from older MMI versions to the latest 0715. It was released September 12, 2013. The criteria for folks on the 0566 version to qualify is very specific.

1. My 2013 S6 with MMI version HN+R_US_AU_P0566 was giving me problems with Google Earth not loading properly in 2G roaming areas. This applies to people with the T-Mobile subscription driving in rural areas. If you don't have the T-Mobile subscription, then you probably would NOT qualify under the criteria.

2. A second criteria for warranty upgrade to cars with 0566 (OR earlier versions) is "Sound system pops and loses audio for a few seconds" (both the base or the B & O sound system).

If you have a version PRIOR to 0566, there are 8 other criteria under which you can get upgraded.

1. MMI system randomly freezes and/or resets
2. DVD Changer playback inoperative after vehicle sleep (A8 only)
3. HD Radio does not playback in stereo
4. HD Radio experiences poor blending between digital and analog signals
5. Google earth does not properly update the maps after leaving an area of 2G or poor cellular reception
6. The lower MMI display flickers when an iPod is connected and the Function or Settings menu is selected and the vehicle is stationary
7. Surround settings are lost after ignition cycle (vehicles equipped with Bose sound system only)
8. Bluetooth will not automatically reconnect to certain iPhone models after vehicle sleep.

Estimated time for the update: 2 hours and is performed off of DVDs.

The wireless and paired devices will be deleted. All devices will need to be re-paired after the update and all wireless settings restored.

The updated version will show as: HN+R_US_AU_K0715_x where x may be one of several different numbers.

Some early 2012 models are known to be more stubborn accepting the updates, which can take more time.

This is a C7 only update for models with the MMI 3G+

Note that my understanding is that the MMI does NOT change the performance, handling, shifting and other parameters that the car responds to when driving.

There is a Quality Package update that was done to my car that addressed this. TSB 19J1 - 4.0 I Quality Package (NVLW) which updates the Software Version Management (SVM) for the Engine Control Module (ECM) and the Transmission Control Module (TCM).

Mine is going in next week for the MMI update.

I am hoping a few "enhancements" made it into this update.

If anyone finds enhanced capabilities like HUD display of speed limits under the latest versions, please share!
Will this take the vag-com mods I did (ie windows down on remote etc?) when they updated me to 566, everything gone except VIM.

Quick Reply: MMI 715-2 Update