Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 "Hidden" Gems List

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Once again, I would remind everyone to keep this sticky thread on topic - hidden "gems" only. If not, gripes, tech discussions, wish lists and other unrelated posts will start to disappear into space.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Voice recognition command not in manual or Help: "tone" pulls up DSP, bass, etc screen.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

9. Auto shut off fan; if you press the the fan button after you turn the car off, the fan will continue to run to keep the warm or cool air circulating for a few minutes before shutting off. (Press fan button until temp readout appears, wait 5 seconds or so for fans to operate); uses residual air in the system to blow cool or warm air.

The "fan button" in my car is rotary ****. It doesn't have a button per se that I can tell.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by NABS4
9. Auto shut off fan; if you press the the fan button after you turn the car off, the fan will continue to run to keep the warm or cool air circulating for a few minutes before shutting off. (Press fan button until temp readout appears, wait 5 seconds or so for fans to operate); uses residual air in the system to blow cool or warm air.

The "fan button" in my car is rotary ****. It doesn't have a button per se that I can tell.
In the U.S. at least, there is a button to allow for manually overriding each of the fans with the rotary. Not sure if this a U.S, Prestige trim w/4-way climate control only feature or it it's the same on the Premium Plus or the base model. Could be different for ROW.
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2014, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

^ Thanks. Those are the same HVAC controls that were in my Q5. In my A6, there are rotary controls for fan speed and temperature, with no digital display of the temperature.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual shifting using paddles

[requires Sport package with paddle shifters]

It is possible to switch the transmission to manual shifting just be tapping one of the paddle shifters. Normally, this required bumping the shifter on the console to the right into Manual mode. This is handy if you have to accellerate suddenly (such as merging or passing). To return to automatic, either bump the shifter down, or drive normally and the car will switch back.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Already in the original first post list.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is one I don't recall seeing that i just discovered this weekend swapping out my winters.

I had to access the tool kit to get the wrench to act as a breaker bar. Trouble was the trunk floor which in this case is the lid to the spare tire compartment would not stay up. I had to use my head.

Hidden gem found.....on the handle of the truck floor/lid there is a spring loaded clip which will pop out when you pull the handle. That clip will clip to the rubber seal of the trunk opening. No need to use your head in that manner.

Might be in the owners manual, but I have no idea what that is, so it is my hidden gem.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's finally warm enough for my AC to run. Just discovered that when you push the voice control button, the fan speed drops. As soon as your command is done, speed goes back up. That is really nice engineering.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Street
Voice recognition command not in manual or Help: "tone" pulls up DSP, bass, etc screen.
Found that when I was trying to call "home"! - I have not had much luck with the voice recognition system - I guess it doesn't like my voice!

Quick Reply: C7 "Hidden" Gems List